Weight loss Succses

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to reliably lose weight is to:

1/ stop taking medications that are known to cause weight gain - this one is my problem and I doubt I'll ever overcome it, since I CANNOT sleep without taking mirtazapine. It doesn't cause weight gain as much as it stops weight loss. It screws up your metabolism whilst ironically it greatly increases your appetite. You put a plate full of fresh baked cookies in front of someone on mirtazapine and you can rest assured they'll take one...or two...or the whole damn plate and will still be wanting more. Most antipsychotics cause weight gain, as do some anti-depressants.

2/ stop eating sugar - this one is for the rest of you, and is much easier problem to solve than the one above.

The only way to reliably lose weight is to:

1/ stop taking medications that are known to cause weight gain - this one is my problem and I doubt I'll ever overcome it, since I CANNOT sleep without taking mirtazapine. It doesn't cause weight gain as much as it stops weight loss. It screws up your metabolism whilst ironically it greatly increases your appetite. You put a plate full of fresh baked cookies in front of someone on mirtazapine and you can rest assured they'll take one...or two...or the whole damn plate and will still be wanting more. Most antipsychotics cause weight gain, as do some anti-depressants.

2/ stop eating sugar - this one is for the rest of you, and is much easier problem to solve than the one above.
Hey mate my friend had the same problem he couldn't sleep without the exact same medications your on, eventually the weight kept gaing, until it got to the point where his mum begged the doctor to change his medications, should speak to your doctor about it, he now has a six pack the lucky dog I had to put effort into it he just had to take medication and go out reguarly,

+1 on the sugar.
Lookup "Sweet Poison" by David Gillespie.

Stupid sugar...why does it have taste so good :evil:

I'm on mirtazapine, stopping it is not an option. Admittedly I gained weight when I started taking it but I've made some sensible choices lately (cutting sugar) and have lost 8 kilos in the past month.

It is possible to lose weight on meds like mirtazapine, I think it's a bit of a case where people who need mirtazapine may find them selves more drawn to bad foods. I know it's a generalisation but that's my experience and the same experience of others I know with similar problems. I blamed my meds for a while but in the end I looked really critically at the food I was eating and I found my problem.

"The only way to reliably lose weight is to"

More then two ways to skin a cat what works for one dosnt mean it will work for another.

My way is not to stop the sugars,fats and alcohol but to cut back on them dramatically and Hypnosis is used stopped the cravings for all the bad food

Lots of exercise (not to much dont over do it that only gives you a bigger appetite)
and take your time the slower you lose the weight the less skin sag and much easier to keep the weight off.

Lots of exercise (not to much dont over do it that only gives you a bigger appetite)
and take your time the slower you lose the weight the less skin sag and much easier to keep the weight off.

may i add the word "consistency" - consistently exercise, watch your food, etc etc. Honestly most people have the ability to eat healthily and work out, there's no real secret or magic bullet to it, but that doesn't stop us trying to find one. Ever heard of the exercise pill?
Currently my gym is filled with new years resolution revelers, we'll see how long they last.

I'm on mirtazapine, stopping it is not an option. Admittedly I gained weight when I started taking it but I've made some sensible choices lately (cutting sugar) and have lost 8 kilos in the past month.

It is possible to lose weight on meds like mirtazapine, I think it's a bit of a case where people who need mirtazapine may find them selves more drawn to bad foods. I know it's a generalisation but that's my experience and the same experience of others I know with similar problems. I blamed my meds for a while but in the end I looked really critically at the food I was eating and I found my problem.

this mirtazapine do you need a prescription for it?

I have been eating to a food plan over the last 6 months, and have lost over 20 kg. Tracking what you eat is essential, there are quite a few free phone apps available to help you track calories - and the source of those calories that make life very easy.

Mrs is on epilepsy meds that slow metabolism. We both took part in Michelle bridges 12week body transformation. Whilst still consume a load of bourbon and Pepsi Max with no exercise, I lost 15kg eating healthily. Mrs lost 10. Would have lost more had we exercised and healthy eating disappeared for 11days when we went on holidays. We still eat relatively healthy but have cut sugar from our diet and use fresh fruit/veg as much as possible

I lost over a kilogram in under 5 minutes... Just one good trip to the loo (saved it up)...

...or, just go for the surgery :D

*waits for angry reactions regarding contrivercial subject* .......

...or, just go for the surgery :D

*waits for angry reactions regarding contrivercial subject* .......

My best friend had tried every diet under the sun and none worked. She got band put in and has gone from 160kgs to a healthy 75kgs. She eats well and exercises everyday. It still hasn't come easy but it worked for her cos she worked for it. She has had some nasty people tell her she took the easy way out, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'd get it in a heartbeat if I could afford to.

My best friend had tried every diet under the sun and none worked. She got band put in and has gone from 160kgs to a healthy 75kgs. She eats well and exercises everyday. It still hasn't come easy but it worked for her cos she worked for it. She has had some nasty people tell her she took the easy way out, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'd get it in a heartbeat if I could afford to.

I actually have one myself. I lost 30kg and have never been happier. I have battled with weight ever since i can remember. I can eat healthy and exercise and its a miserable life living off lettice. And you're right, the stomach band is no way an easy way out, or the 'cheats' way. I would reccomend it to anyone :D
It doesn't stop you from eating rubbish, but if you're a healthy eater anyway, it makes a HUGE difference :)
It feels SO good to say to people "I am thin - and healthy" :)

Its all about fructose people, trust me......we'll hear this word alot this year, get used to it and get rid of it from your life.

Its all about fructose people, trust me......we'll hear this word alot this year, get used to it and get rid of it from your life.

YEP. That stuff is nothing more than a POISON.

Anyone who wants to argue this point? Let me point out that fructose can ONLY be metabolised by the LIVER. Unlike glucose, which can be metabolised by virtually every cell in the body. Guess where fructose comes from? Table sugar, high-fructose corn syrup used in most junk food in the USA, cordial, fruit juices, most chocolate, just to name a few sources. It is the NUMBER ONE cause of weight gain.

YEP. That stuff is nothing more than a POISON.

Anyone who wants to argue this point? Let me point out that fructose can ONLY be metabolised by the LIVER. Unlike glucose, which can be metabolised by virtually every cell in the body. Guess where fructose comes from? Table sugar, high-fructose corn syrup used in most junk food in the USA, cordial, fruit juices, most chocolate, just to name a few sources. It is the NUMBER ONE cause of weight gain.

fructose is also found in fruit, so you're saying avoid fruit as well? As there is no one cure-all, neither there is one that causes every single problem, it's always portion that you have to watch, not one type of food/component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back