Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an adult lace monitor on the floor at the expo and it tried to grab my ankle a few times. :shock: Yeah, I also think it will be bigger this year (the monitor and the expo ;))

Last edited:
Hahaha. A kid last year bumped a box on the floor and a python come out and tried to bite me several times. I don't blame the snake I blame the kid.

There was an adult lace monitor on the floor at the expo and it tried to grab my ankle a few times. :shock: Yeah, I also think it will be bigger this year (the monitor and the expo ;))
That poor monitor was so stressed out. They were a couple of stalls down from me and the monitor had a go at it's owner at one stage. They dragged the poor thing around everywhere all day, lucky nobody got hurt as it was not in the best of moods by the end of the day.

Well I wouldn't be either if someone did that to me. Irresponsible owners, not cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey we are starting to get off topic so could we please get back on track?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww, poor SAHD101 and poorlacie....owners like that don't deserve reptiles. Put a deposite on the reptile, go back later, pay the rest then take him home!!!!!
Reptiles4me, how old was that kid??? where were his parents?...poor python. :(

I'm still voting for an expo to happen in SA....

The kid looked like he was 5 and his parents were buying something next door. The owner was with a customer so he did not see that the boy had bumped the snake off the table and onto the floor until the snake was on the lose a few seconds after the boy had bumped the box and had a few snaps at me.

Jee, not too responsible are they? Should be at least holding the kid's hand oe somethiong.

What snake was it? Did it bite you or just snap?

Just had a snap x3 at me. I think it was a darwin python, such a lovely snake should not have to go through that much stress. I asked before and I'll ask again does anyone know if the stores at the VHS expo except VISA cards? It is really bugging me.

It will depend on the individual stall holders. Some may accept visa others may not

I'm pretty sure it was cash only last year. There is an ATM at the shopping centre nearby.

You can't take money from a VISA card ,apparently, and I can't access my bank account at this stage ,again apparently. I still might end up spending more then $500 if I still can use my VISA card wether its at all stores or not.

- - - Updated - - -

So is anyone else coming? My mum and I will most likely bring the rest of the family along this year.:D

Last edited:
Last time I spoke with DSE they told me no permits had been issued yet for the expo, can this please be clarified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back