Not the nicest email I have received!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Amazon

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:#B200FF;">Amaz
Reaction score
Dear Sir /Madam ,

We would like to offer the prices FOB with Cites II-C for live tortoises and turtles as following:

Cuora galbinifrons usd310/kg
2-cuora_galbinifrons.jpeg

Coura mouhotii (Pyxidea mouhotii) usd300/kg
2-coura_mouhotii_pyxidea_mouhotii.jpeg

Cuora amboinensis usd100/kg
2-manouria_impressa.jpeg

Manouria impressa usd100/kg
2-cyclemys_tcheponensis.jpeg

Cyclemys tcheponensis usd200/kg
2-heosemys_grandis.jpeg

Heosemys grandis usd70/kg
2-heosemys_grandis_510628.jpeg

Indotestudo elongata usd80/kg
2-indotestudo_elongata.jpeg

Thanks & Best regards,
Mr.Hien-Mr.Vu
------------------------------------------------------------------
LE VAN HIEN
Group 2, My Khanh B Hamlet,
Tel/Fax: XXXXXXXXXX
Email: [email protected] / XXXXX@yahoo.com
Cell phone: XXXXXXXXX (Mr.Vu)

---------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I've neve heard of people selling live animals per kg. Is that a common thing in Vietnam or just the words of a misinformed scammer?

I'm not sure I understand the problem. People on this forum deal in live animals all the time.

Cites II animals can be legally traded depending on that countries laws and regulations.

:shock: That is terrible!!!!!! Selling animals by the Kg and he even has the animals turned on their back!!!!!!!!!! Oh, poor darlings :( This makes me sick. Did you take the order? (I don't mean to be rude. Don't answer if you don't want to :))

I've neve heard of people selling live animals per kg. Is that a common thing in Vietnam or just the words of a misinformed scammer?
Never been to Melb fish markets then ???
(Not saying there is turtles !!)

I bought a live eel from Springvale markets by the kg once. Turns out they make terrible pets because they constantly escape their tank, then spawn and die and make your bedroom smell like awful eel sperm for weeks, and result in fish tanks and supplies that need to be thrown out because no matter how hard you scrub, the smell of eel sperm is there to stay.

Live animals are generally only sold by the kg if they are intended for consumption.

Maybe they're farmed for food. In which case I wouldn't see a problem.

:shock: That is terrible!!!!!! Selling animals by the Kg and he even has the animals turned on their back!!!!!!!!!! Oh, poor darlings :( This makes me sick. Did you take the order? (I don't mean to be rude. Don't answer if you don't want to :))

I think that is a little bit of an over reaction, I'm sure they are not in pain?

Don't take my word for it, but in alot of countries aren't turtles commonly bred for their shells?

damn eel sperm, don't you just hate it when that happens... lol

selling a turtle be the kilo actually does make sense, it's pretty hard to pick their age, which most animals are priced by.

Personally cannot see the problem here, weight has alot to do with specimens. Especially when trading

Never been to Melb fish markets then ???
(Not saying there is turtles !!)

No I haven't. Do they sell live fish? Must admit I haven't really bought any fish down here. When I lived in Cairns we got reef fish off a friend. We used to have fish once a week. But down here, I'm lucky to have fish once a month. My aunt doesn't like any seafood except grilled flake from this one fish and chip shop, and most the time I can't be bothered cooking two meals. :( It does make some sense to sell by the kg I just hadn't seen it before in live animals.

I think that is a little bit of an over reaction

hahaha, yeah I over react...a lot :p I'm sure they aren't in pain... But I know turtles don't like to be turned upside down even though he is just doing it to show the stomach. Why can't he pick him or her up and get someone to take a picture from the bottom?

it sounds like they are selling them to eat? if it weren't illegal i would buy them all providing they are alive and have a crazy turtle farm...killing turtles for fun is all good IN MARIO games but in real life if its not for food its just sad

i think there more surprised that someone is openly trying to sell them illegal animals...

i think there more surprised that someone is openly trying to sell them illegal animals...

Possibly they are running a legitimate business but are unaware of Australian laws.

Perhaps it is not illegal in their country and they therefore don't know its illegal to offer them overseas?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Elapidae you must've posted as I was writing my post

Perhaps it is not illegal in their country and they therefore don't know its illegal to offer them overseas?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Elapidae you must've posted as I was writing my post

absolutely possible that it is a genuine mistake on the sellers part and that make it all the more disturbing i will assume that the original email went out to more than just one reptile supplier and some one with less scruples could take advantage of there lack of knowledge

From their website. Somehow I don't think the pet trade is their main purpose!
"Exporting live animals for personal use, research and pet purposes, as well as their fresh meat products for restaurants is of our abilities. Our annual export income of air-dried raw python skins and snake skins are over USD 5 million. Our main direct export markets are Europe, Japan, and Singapore. We have more then 20 year-old experience of Reptiles and have exported directly since 2004."

Mr Hien mainly produces turtles/tortoises for consumption (for meat, and for carapaces for Traditional Chinese Medicine). These are sold mainly to Vietnamese markets. He probably also sells the odd animal into the international pet trade.

This trade is legal (provided they are captive-bred, not wild-caught...). Mr Hien probably doesn't know about Australia's strict import laws regarding the commercial sale of wildlife - in fact he is probably spamming all reptile related breeders/dealers on the internet in the hope of drumming up some business. If he gets takers from most other countries his sales will be perfectly legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back