Deadly Visitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16446

Reaction score
Some friends a couple of suburbs away called me the other night after their dogs found a little visitor in their yard. They were in the pool when one of the dogs started barking at the steps leading up to the house. They got out to see what it was all about and found this little fella.

I got a call, packed my hook and bag, and went to have a look. It turned out to be a juvenile Death Adder and it wasn't at all aggressive.

I wasn't going to go walking through the bush at night to release it, so I gave it a home for the night in a spare enclosure, and released it the next day in bushland nearby, but not so close to people and properties. It was good to hear the dogs didn't actually attack it, and neither did the owners for that matter.

Here's some pics, but the rest are in my album under 'Death Adder'

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC02928.JPG
    DSC02928.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC02927.jpg
    DSC02927.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC02917.jpg
    DSC02917.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC02912.jpg
    DSC02912.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC02904.JPG
    DSC02904.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC02899.jpg
    DSC02899.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 139
Nice little adder KS, lucky you picked it up and not someone else.

He is gorgeous. I must admit out of all of Australia's venomous snakes, the death adder is one of my favourites. Nice work, wish I was there to see the little guy.:D

Awwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! CUTIE! <3 I've always loved death adders, especially the greay ones :p Congrats on the rescue and great job ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Really nice looking Adder, great to hear he wasn't dog food or shovel food for once.

And it didn't get bricked either :lol:
Good work mate for saving him :)

I'd love to have kept it as he was such a calm little fellow, and never showed any aggression. I'm a long way off that class of licence though, and although I had it's company for one night, I'm still not sure about keeping elapids. Either way, this little one was always going to be returned to nature, and one pic shows his little head in the grass, giving a thanks and good bye before disappearing into the shrub.

ps,
not so scared of my devil water python any more. She'll look like an adder one day anyway if she keeps striking the glass.

Good job saving the little guy, such an amazing snake I love the look of the death adders

Thanks for sharing, is it a big DA or small can't tell by picture. I know you said little but all DAs are small.

Thanks for sharing, is it a big DA or small can't tell by picture. I know you said little but all DAs are small.

I'd say it was about half size going on adult sizes of Adders. Roughly 30cm long it was.

Only herpers would ever call something with the word "Death" in its name "Cute."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back