Corn snake on gumtree

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to no a few people that bred 50-100 every season,considering they can double clutch in one season,that ends up being qiuet a few..theres that many around Sydney its not funny,you can doubt it as much as you like,
i know there here , but still that was a big call to make based on well , nothing really , i still doubt it very much , i wont get into a back n forth with you here because i just don't think this topic is really worth it , i doubt very very much there are more exotics being bred in australia than natives just because you say you knew a guy proves nothing , what about all the wild native reptiles breeding yearly sure alot might not make it to adult hood and might wind up bird food but they where still bred , beardies can tripple clutch cant they ,and we have our own large breeders of natives as well breeding hundreds of natives per year , you see if you really really think about it reb01 your comment was really a little ridiculous

A lot of adds for ball pythons are from Africa and are scams, pretty much whenever they say they come with papers and then ask you to answer a few personal questions. Ive seen a few corns for sale that looked legit.

Ive actually even found a ball python for sale which was a scam, and suprisingly was using the acount name from one of the members on here just with a different city.

I wouldnt say theres more exotics then natives being bred but i am sure it is much much more than the average joe would think.

was it sssnakeman? who posted some photos of a call out just the other day to collect a red and orange corn..

There are 1000s of them being bred each year in Sydney alone, saying there are more corn snakes being bred than natives (snakes) probably isn't too far off the mark.

The other day I was getting my carpet python checked at the vet for shedding problems, the teenage kid who looked about 15 was there on work experience and told me he also had a snake when i asked him what type, he replied with a corn snake he got from his friend who breeds them. The vet and I where pretty suprised.

By chance, I met a guy on the train home a few days ago. He showed me pics of him with corn snakes, retics and a boa!, at his mates place in Sydney (I knew it was sydney because he was standing in front of a car with yellow NSW plates).
Apparently he breeds them every year, and they sell like hotcakes?????.
Can you stop telling people about our meeting I thought you were discreet

Last edited:
Heres a nice red "corn" I found today..........(hope it works or I'm gonna look a bit silly......)

Attachments

• 28 nov find.jpg
    28 nov find.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 242
Heres a nice red "corn" I found today..........(hope it works or I'm gonna look a bit silly......)[/

dam thats one corn i would not like to handle! lol is that the corn adder?

In my job I go to many different houses a day and I always see exotic reptiles in people's houses. It's unbelievable how many I actually see.

A couple of questions regarding this:
1: Did you ask to see these photos of this guy with boa's, rectics and other assorted exotics on his phone, or did he just casually show you this? I admit, I prefer to keep to myself on trains, planes and buses, however, being friendly is still ok... But showing randoms pictures? odd to say the least.

2: Is Sydney the only place in NSW that has NSW licence plates? I remember when I drove through Sydney I noticed a seriously large number of NSW licence plates and a hell of a lot less Qld ones... But when I was in Qld I noticed a hell of a lot of NSW licence plates and also only a few Qld plates... Seems they're everywhere....

3: In all my life I've actually never really purchased hotcakes.... Though, I've always thought of owning a hotcakes shop because apparently they sell like.... Ummmmm... Hotcakes...

Finally... Not in relation to your post.... Does the EPA or other agency call these gumtree adds? Or is it just too much work for them?

Answers

1- He noticed my uniform, and started the conversation. (I own a reptile demonstration and relocation business, I had dropped my car in to get serviced, and caught the train home). I did not ask to see the photos.

2- Your right it could have been anywhere in Australia or the World for that matter. The fellow looked like a reasonable person, not really intereseted in herps himself, and was under the impression that exotics were legal in Aust. So had no reason to doubt him when he said Sydney.

3- Im sorry that you cant afford to buy hotcakes...Pm me your account details and ill send you a few bucks.

Dee

Last edited:
Oops

Another one today advertised. Dodgy looking ad as they do not say what python it is or give their mobile number.

Last edited:
What is the point of snake licensing when there is zero enforcement? It makes me terribly upset that such a liability is just left hanging there. Given the history Australia has had with pests...

Interestingly is there anything we can do as a community to deal with it?

And, what is a snake catcher to do if they were to actually remove an exotic. Are they required to have it put down or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the point of snake licensing when there is zero enforcement? It makes me terribly upset that such a liability is just left hanging there. Given the history Australia has had with pests...

Interestingly is there anything we can do as a community to deal with it?

And, what is a snake catcher to do if they were to actually remove an exotic. Are they required to have it put down or what?

Money, It would be unbelievble if our government funded and enforced something that would protect our environment and wildlife. Unfortunatly its all about the money..

yer seeing em every were and cali corns on facebook

- - - Updated - - -

haha theres no answer to the melbourne one dammit and $1500 as well geese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back