Scale rott?? Please help!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tablemanners

Reaction score
Hey Ladies and gents,
So I was doing my weekly clean of the GTP enclosure/tub and i got it out to have a look and check up on it. Suddenly I noticed that it had a grey sort of discoloured or weird patch of scales. It almost looks like that scale are missing its very worrying. Just wondering what this is. If it doesn't get resolved on here I will be taking it to the vet ASAP

Photos Below: Its the greyish spots on its head. they are right next to each other.

Capture.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

P.S I know I shouldn't really clamp its head like that. But I was gentle and it was the only way to get good photos.

Would keep an eye on it for now, doesn't look like scale rot to me, more like scale rub..

My GTP had something that looked very similar to the pictures you have posted. Mine continued to spread and developed a bump below the white/grey patch over several days.
Took him to the vet, who squeezed out some clear fluid which under the microscope showed a bacterial infection. The vet is not sure what caused it, it was not from rubbing or incorrect husbandry. He gave us some flamazine cream to put on every day and it healed up in no time. It may not be the same as what mine had, but the pictures look similar.

This is from my turtle husbandry knowledge, but could some chlorsig be used on it? It's an antibacterial eye ointment, so it's used to treat skin infections around the eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

This is from my turtle husbandry knowledge, but could some chlorsig be used on it? It's an antibacterial eye ointment, so it's used to treat skin infections around the eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

If it develops any further ill look into it. Thanks.

Chlorsig is the best fungal cream eye ointment. We had a calf that cut her eye with a thistle, looked like it was going to be blind (show heifer) fixed it up with no white spot or blindness.
Good to know it's used in reptiles also.
Good luck tablemanners I hope all is well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back