Show Us Your Beardie Setups!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my indoor, each box is 4x2x2
IMG_0123.JPG

and this is me outdoor 2.4mx1.8m
IMG_0283.JPG

thats awesome always wanted an outdoor enclosure!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

did you build them yourself?

doesnt it get hot in the outdoor enclosure? on 40degree days?

- - - Updated - - -

and how do u stop rain?

Greg that's awesome, have you thought of painting the mesh flat black? I painted the mesh on my Lacie's aviary, made so much difference, plus apparently it allows more UVA/B through due to reduced glare.

heres 2 for my beardies adults and hatchys

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 118
doesnt it get hot in the outdoor enclosure? on 40degree days?

- - - Updated - - -

and how do u stop rain?
it does get hot on 40 degree days, so i bring them inside with no artificial heat at all. i have kept them outdoors up to 36degrees with no worries , the water container in the corner is a 60ltr tub, they jump in and out to cool down if needed. some of the logs in there are half tree stumps and they burrow underneath those. rain is no concern, the back covered section is probably bigger than most peoples enclosures, it stays bone dry in the back corner so far, if we are forecast for heavy rain tho i would again just bring them indoors or throw a tarp over the top of it. here's a closer pic of the inside
IMG_0399.JPG

and some more pics of my little rascals, the gold stripey just shed his whole back in one piece when i stuck in the bath, it's weird watching them do it he can reach the middle of back with both front and back feet.....never seen em do it before,lol

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Greg that's awesome, have you thought of painting the mesh flat black? I painted the mesh on my Lacie's aviary, made so much difference, plus apparently it allows more UVA/B through due to reduced glare.

cheers Chris, i was thinking about it, but i am still re thinking the whole design of mine,lol. one of my guys keeps climbing the mesh and has hurt his nose on it, so now i am thinking about the clear roofing sheets cut to about 40cm high around the bottom of the whole thing so they cant climb on the mesh itself , dont want to become a greenhouse tho and hold humidity so will have to play around with it i guess

one of my guys keeps climbing the mesh and has hurt his nose on it, so now i am thinking about the clear roofing sheets cut to about 40cm high around the bottom of the whole thing so they cant climb on the mesh itself , dont want to become a greenhouse tho and hold humidity so will have to play around with it i guess

Try using shadecloth instead of plastic Greg. I was going to use shadecloth around the base of my Lacie's aviary but she doesn't try to rub her nose on the mesh so I didn't bother.

This is my boy Twitch's home! He was only a baby then but he's now close to a year old..this is him now

sa8a3eda.jpg

ytene7u2.jpg

DSC_0189.jpgDSC_0194.jpgDSC_0216.jpg
For some reason the photo of warren and barbras viv wont work. little stack on the right is for young beardies..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back