Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering what size tubs would be suitable for adult spotteds and stimmies i am wanting to build my own rack in the near future

my are about 650 x 450 for antaresia... my honest opinion... PM Dickyknee when you are ready and get him to knock one up for you. he does a great job and i get him to build everything of mine now. heres one of the ones he has built me.

my are about 650 x 450 for antaresia... my honest opinion... PM Dickyknee when you are ready and get him to knock one up for you. he does a great job and i get him to build everything of mine now. heres one of the ones he has built me.
where bouts did you buy that tub if you dont mind? =)

IMGP5084.jpg

Attachments

• Tub Racks (2).jpg
    Tub Racks (2).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 476
  • Tub Racks (31).jpg
    Tub Racks (31).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 482
great racks everyone.. heres a link to brian barczyk snakebytes tv episode 87 snake racks "how there made" that I watched yesterday thats interesting..

SnakeBytes TV - Home

i would love to see some lizard racks, not to steal the thread but any pics would be great while this threads up

bump

Where can 30 litre tubs be brought that have the clip down lids my jungles getting a bit big for his tub wanting to get him a new one cheers

bump

Where can 30 litre tubs be brought that have the clip down lids my jungles getting a bit big for his tub wanting to get him a new one cheers

30 litre stairmaid tubs from bigw two latches on the ends i reckon you would still need paper clips in the middle though:)

here is the one I build few months back and it need more tubs and bigger ones. but there there for an example on size of the thing, includes 3 small enclosures for hatchies to yearlings.

I must stress this is not refering to females breasts, but i dont like white racks IMO they should be dark to provide a more sheltered environment for the snakes.

30 litre stairmaid tubs from bigw two latches on the ends i reckon you would still need paper clips in the middle though:)

They are fine without clips in the middle although the new latches arnt as snake friendly, they close violently and i have had them detach at the back when opening the other side (this didnt happen with the old blue clips). Even the old blue clips seem to fail eventually probably due to UV and/or repeated stress, so building a proper rack is the best way to go long term. Also for a jungle python the higher 52 litre tubs would be better IMO.

Last edited:
Hi Huys,

I'm just in the process of building a large rack, (similar to Dickyknee), BUT what I wanted to comment on is that I had to do a fair amount of research...including involvement of someone with good equipment and the "know how" before starting the project. (Note: Looked at professional racks and they are out of my price range and also getting them shipped from interstate CAN be costly).

My thoughts would be that this would make a great "STICKY" if someone, (I don't feel as a newbie that I could run with it), was prepared to put in the time and this would then not see the reoccurrence of this thread, (could include tub types and sizes, rack dimensions with drawings, materials, costs, fittings....and anything else of interest).

I know that one of the areas that I struggled with, was finding a suitably sized tub....I settled on Bell's that are 100L x 55W x 20H for adult pythons, (although still feel they are a bit small for larger specimens and we are focussing on the mid range sized pythons).

Any takers to creating a sticky ?

Cheers
Ron

i too am in favour of having a bit of info ragarding racks im thinking about building one later in the year for when i can afford to have alot more pythons and next year when i start getting into class 2 stuff when im able to apply for my class 2 so a sticky would be great thanks

Does anybody have any idea of how many times you would need to run a heat cord across a 80l bells tub to get sufficient temp for womas.

2to3 time will do I have a rack with 6 bell tubs in but I think there only 41l I will check now

2to3 time will do I have a rack with 6 bell tubs in but I think there only 41l I will check now

what do you keep in the 41L's Im thinking for when my womas get to adult size 80L would probably be best.

Yea 80l mite be ok I keep spotteds in and childrens in my rack there 41l
sorry 4 the late reply

here are some pics of a rack i built for my mate (jairusthevirus) on this forum.
turned out ok. tubs are from ikea. got perspex cut to size for the lid/heat cord shelf. went got some aluminum from a supplier and mate two mirror imaged frames. a bit tedious getting the gaps just right but it works well.
Just pop riveted c channel to some uprights then double sided taped the perspex in place. 2 50w heat cords weaved under 1 side of the box.
only good for the womas and bhp's but never the less. just means we had to buy more snakes to fill it. enjoy
DSCN0297.jpgDSCN0296.jpgDSCN0295.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back