Central bearded dragon help! Urgent!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iHerp

Reaction score
So i have 2 central bearded dragons and i could hold them with no troubles
but then my brother was screaming in front of them and they are now very very very scared i cant even hold them, as soon as i pick them up the run and wont stop running and will try jump out of the enclosure!

HELP PLZ WHAT DO I DO!

i agree, leave them alone for a couple days, let them see you put food in and change water, but dont try to pick them up until they have settled down again. they will be fine

First off, how long ago did this happen? If it was only a couple of hours ago, put them back in their enclosure and leave them alone for a few days. They don't need comfort, they need to be left alone to settle.

Have a word to your brother and mention that in future, yelling with the dragons out is not a good idea

there in the enclosure, they got spook while being in the enclosure when i picked him up he jumped and went spastic, i will leave them in the enclosure for 3 days without holding them, ill just give them food and change water bowls then i give them a hold in the enclosure and see how they are. my enclosure is outdoors so i dont wanna open the enclosure and they run out.

- - - Updated - - -

they keeped waving there hands and sometimes bopping there heads
whats that mean?

- - - Updated - - -

but they stopped now

- - - Updated - - -

and it looks like they lost weight like alot

head bobbing is seen as a form of dominance and waving is basically seen as submission although some say waving is like "hello I am a lizard like you"

It's normal for beardies to do that it's there way of communicating as above leave them alone for a few day to settle they will be okay!

how come?

- - - Updated - - -

they look half the size

- - - Updated - - -

there 4 months old had them for 2 months with no problems

i agree with previous posts, let them settle down and calm down.

its like having a big dinosaur pick you up and another dinosaur com es up and screams at you, all you want is to be left alone to get over the ordeal in peace and were you feel safe.

also have a good word to your brother about how to act around animals.

head bobing and waving is just their way of comunicating.

doubt they have lost any weight unless they pooed themselves wen your brother screamed lol, sorry could not help myself.

Last edited:
how come?

- - - Updated - - -

they look half the size

- - - Updated - - -

there 4 months old had them for 2 months with no problems

im relatively new to beardies, but if the have shrunk half their size i would suggest that something happened to your dragons and mum or dad rushed out and got new ones. its not possible for them to lose half there body size in an hour.

Stop over reacting. just leave them be for a day or two, and its dark now, so you shouldnt be getting them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back