2013 VHS Expo.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mum said she'd fly us over to Vic for the expo but then my brother started complaining about how mum wouldn't take him to the MCG for the cricket or football.....*sigh* Then again I guess it is good otherwise I'd come home with 10 snakes, 3 lizards and 13 enclosures :lol:

South australian Herp society it is your time to shine and start one in SA (hint, hint) ;)

Wow imagine the luggage cost!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better be some sexy skinks there this year, need to add to the collection.
Haha. You and your skinks :rolleyes::D

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be looking for some too! Hopefully speak to some breeders about the parents, temperament all that stuff, what their plans for next year are so 2014 I can get one :D wish I could get one this year :rolleyes:

Yeah. They seem very hard to find. Haha 2014 will be when I'd be looking to buy one too. Can't afford it this year :cry::lol:

Wish we had one in sa we have more than enough big breeders and breeders in general will have to try and get over to VHS expo would be nice we can not buy anything on the day if we are not Victoria can we

If you see something you like, just work it out with the breeder and they can ship them when the paperwork has cleared.

S&T show. they didn't sell any reptiles last year. (it was my first year going)

Yeah. They seem very hard to find. Haha 2014 will be when I'd be looking to buy one too. Can't afford it this year :cry::lol:

I'm still in the stage of convincing my partner to let me get a snake that grows bigger than a children’s python, I figure I have no hope his year, so 2014 it is :lol:

lol i mean how reduced are they from store prices?
%30? %50? roughly?

There's really no such thing as a 'store price', reptile prices vary from seller to seller.
As for price reductions, again entirely dependent on seller, some are heavily reduced and some can actually be more expensive at expos...

- - - Updated - - -

Personally for me its going to be very hard not to come home with a new pet, considering I have two empty tub set ups and an empty 4x2x2 at home. That and my will power vs wallet is a very uneven balance hahaha.

some are heavily reduced and some can actually be more expensive at expos...

When you factor in the cost of having a stall, employing extra staff to man said stall, the time and effort to set up and cart all the equipment and animals it can make profit margins pretty thin.
The fact that for a small entry fee you can peruse and possibly purchase from such a range of animals in the one building, is in itself one of the great things about the expo.

lol i mean how reduced are they from store prices?
%30? %50? roughly?

It really aint about about people scoring bargain basement animals... you always get what you pay for. Expos are about expanding the hobby and letting people know that, yes there are people that keep reptiles and attracting new people to the hobby. Expos are a celebration of the hobby and bringing awareness...

When you factor in the cost of having a stall, employing extra staff to man said stall, the time and effort to set up and cart all the equipment and animals it can make profit margins pretty thin.
The fact that for a small entry fee you can peruse and possibly purchase from such a range of animals in the one building, is in itself one of the great things about the expo.

I wasn't arguing a point or having a whinge. I've run stalls at expos and I know all of the above is true and completely agree.
I was merely letting the kid know that expos aren't about scoring a bargain, and don't expect to...

I had no intent to imply that you had a gripe.
I used a section of your post in quote more to add what was already stated.

Stall holders don't want have to pack stock and animals up to transport home once the doors close.
At the end of the day, you can get some bargains there I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back