Red Back Spider vs Antaresia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowman

A friend of mine working out at Newman WA was doing a prestart (checking his vehicle) and came accross this on the wheel arch of his 4x4. He's not into reptiles and spiders but thought this was cool and shared the pictures with me. I'd have loved to of been there to see it for myself. But pictures are the next best thing :)
The photos arent all in focus, I suspect a phone camera or something. Not everyone has a DSLR on them when these things pop up. Anyway, I thought you all might enjoy something a bit different.
Shout out to Jason Rajah for the photos!

WP_000293.jpgWP_000280.jpgWP_000281.jpgWP_000282.jpgWP_000283.jpgWP_000284.jpgWP_000289.jpgWP_000291.jpgWP_000290.jpg

wow that redbacks a greedy guts lol
reminds me when i was working in laurieton petstore and a lady brought in a tiny red belly that had been bitten by a redback it died half hour later and boy it let off an unearthly smell

I guess just a way of life, poor snake though ;)
Nice food for the redback, will last her through till next summer, lol.

Well that's something you don't see everyday :D

Jason said the python was about 20cm and the red back was about 2cm. It's super specimen of a red back though isnt it?!

Damn that's a big meal for that stunning spider. Didn't realise the spider had actually killed it by that stage. Puts my red back to shame :oops: eating moths, flies etc.:lol: That's gold though.

Typical woman! Won't be satisfied till she's got that Blackheaded:)!

wow , wonder what the odds are of anyone getting to see that sort of thing again are , your mates a lucky guy , i knew birds and stuff picked off young snakes but a spider is a new one

Haha wow, I've seen golden orbs take snakes and birds, but a redback I haven't, beast of a spider ;)

Damn introduced spiders preying on our native wildlife!

On a serious note though, that is a pretty impressive spider and not something you are likely to see everyday. Great photos thanks for sharing.

Damn introduced spiders preying on our native wildlife!

On a serious note though, that is a pretty impressive spider and not something you are likely to see everyday. Great photos thanks for sharing.

Introduced?

Awesome work snow, thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back