Need inspiration! Photos of enclosures! Please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u9aje6aj.jpg
ok I lied! This is what I have so far. Agree with latex background but hubby seen this tank had background so said no at present time.

IMG_9247.jpgIMG_9246.jpg
also ones iv put up before but what the hey. Cant believe how much of a hit the hanging birdhouses are. My coastal and my roughy virtually live in them, there and the shelves up top

Always good seeing great looking enclosures! Thank you for the wonderful responses. I'm hoping other have been inspired as much as I have. again thank you heaps.

Last edited:
Universal rock now make cheaper backdrops for reptiles, they are foam as apposed to the latex.

Universal rock now make cheaper backdrops for reptiles, they are foam as apposed to the latex.

If you take a look at my stump photo you can see the grey coming through near the little green plant (it was an accident) but I bumped the backing, and it's only 2 weeks old all my others have worn like it I have been replacing them slowly with latex, now hubby has seen the new background damage he is worried that Mowgli will eat the foam balls, I confess that I helped him think this way alittle (he doesnt like snakes by the way so this is quite funny that he is worried).

Will upload u some photos of my gtp enclosure and albino darwin enclosure when i get home:)

If you take a look at my stump photo you can see the grey coming through near the little green plant (it was an accident) but I bumped the backing, and it's only 2 weeks old all my others have worn like it I have been replacing them slowly with latex, now hubby has seen the new background damage he is worried that Mowgli will eat the foam balls, I confess that I helped him think this way alittle (he doesnt like snakes by the way so this is quite funny that he is worried).

A couple of other good things about the latex products, they retain heat well (like real rock) and are extremely hard wearing ( stand up well to large Lace monitor claws and outside in all conditions for several seasons-water proof). I would think they could last a lifetime....though the initial cost isn't cheap, you get what you pay for, I guess.

We are not talking about the same backgrounds. Universal make artifical rock type ones, identical to.the latex type but they have a hard foam mold. They are not as good as the latex mold type., but much better than those cheap foamies.

Sorry to tell you Brenden... pics didn't work. :(

I have all but finished my new enclosure, I'll get some pics up tomorrow when it's done

How's your enclosures coming along!

I'm not finished yet working progress so to speak.
Thank you to all that has posted their wonderful enclosures keep inspiring! Your reptiles are very lucky.
I'm sure everyone has gotten some great ideas!

I was a bit delayed in getting pics up, here are a couple they are a bit dark, and I had to open the glass, bad reflection in low light, also there are a couple of pics showing how I set up the slate tile for the heat cord in the hide area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 118
These enclosures look great . I used to have lots of decorations in mine till I got lots of snakes . Try cleaning crap off all those fake plants x 6 or more enclosures :0 Now its newspaper , large water tub , branch or dowel perch and hides . Maybe a rock or two if they're lucky ;]

Here is a couple of better pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back