Full Moon or something?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeaal

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is normal for snakes to suddenly become really active and go racing around like a hairy-bummed goat for no apparent reason? My spotted is generally pretty quiet; I bring her out every other day for a play on her shelf, beside the computer.. but today she was already up when I came in the room and raced straight out when I opened the door, up my arm and around my neck. Ok. I take her to the shelf and she literally charges up and down, climbing on all her toys and stuff. Finally I manage to wrestle her back into her enclosure. She paces her enclosure for a further hour. I came back in here 2 hours ago and she's at the door again - I let her out and same thing.. she has been moving non-stop on her shelf (approx 4ftx1.5ft) for the past 2 hours. The only time she stopped was for a poo and wee.. and off she went again. Is this normal? Is it a full moon or something? The other snakes seem fine. Her temps are normal in her cage, though the room is warm.

You said the room was warm, there's your answer :)

So this madness is going to happen all Summer? I even put the air con on (just at 24 degrees, so not freezing) and she didn't even slow down. She is half-way up the wall right now...

Yeah.. well I got up this morning and Sunday is at the glass again and ready to come out and play. If this keeps up I might have to buy her a hampster wheel or something lol. I have noticed a lot of people commenting on their snakes behaviour changing recently so maybe there is something they can smell that we can't.

Delayed end of the world... :shock:

Change in temps is really the only thing that springs to mind. Have you introduced any new animals into the same room (im just guessing here) Maybe she has decided to go into heat a bit late...

The only time I've seen mine do it here in Darwin was a few weeks ago when we had an earth tremor.

The only time I've seen mine do it here in Darwin was a few weeks ago when we had an earth tremor.

Ha ha, that quake woke us up too, spa was sloshing around and I noticed Azzi (bhp) casting a very indignant eye at his water bowl which had spilled water on him.

Ha ha, that quake woke us up too, spa was sloshing around and I noticed Azzi (bhp) casting a very indignant eye at his water bowl which had spilled water on him.

I truly thought mine would get injured with the speed they were travelling in their enclosures, they were just running (prolly not really possible) flat out into everything. My Jungle looked she was going to kill the next human to come by like it was something we did.

Always happens when the heat tops out, even in controlled environments they just seem to know. My wp went from being hand shed assisted to launching himself at the glass when I walked by overnight.

I'm still giggling hysterically at the image of a snake complete with hairy bum careering about an enclosure.
Sorry - it's been a tough day, I obviously needed a laugh. :lol::lol::lol:

Lol.. it's a saying my mum used to use if I got a bit feral as a child. Actually she would yell: "For the love of god, would you stop running around like a hairy-assed goat!" I always thought it was quite funny and it always made me giggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back