The BEST propaganda I've ever heard....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Actually, the title itself is a bit misleading, however, I've had some great emails lately warning me not to buy something, not to do something, not to be raped by something... Etc etc...

But a couple stand out...

I was just on Facebook and I saw this:

gelatin2.jpg

The caption on it was Gelatin - Another reason not to take lollies from strangers.

Ok... Firstly, lollies with (or without) gelatin are still lollies. And the fact is people have been using gelatin for centuries!

I'm not adverse to gelatin at all. If it tastes good, eat it.

My next favourite is canola oil!

"Canola oil used to be called RAPESEED oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons"

Learn more: Canola oil used to be called RAPESEED oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons

I did NOT capitalise the word rapeseed.... It was done for you. It is 100% true, canola oil is from rapeseed. However, rapeseed does not have anything to do with rape at all - other than the fact the plant is called rape... But not the other type of rape...

But that's not all that canola oil does... Wait till you read the rest!

"The real problem with the name "rapeseed oil" is that the oil was so toxic that the FDA banned it for human consumption in 1956. So when Canadian growers bred a new variety of rapeseed in the 1970s with a lower content of the toxic erucic acid, they decided they needed a new name for it."

So in 2003 http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/_srcfiles/Erucic acid monograph.pdf we have evidence that there's no ill health effects due to Canola oil based erucic acid.

"In 1997, the erucic acid content of 50% of the Australian canola crop was 0.3% or less of the total fatty acids."

So erucic acid is not the problem... So what is the problem then?

"But, humans being humans we went against the laws of nature and in the 1970s we genetically modified rapeseed so that it had less of what is poisonous to humans in it and called it canola." (source: Warning! Canola oil )

So it's GMO then... Uh oh...!

"Efforts were made, using selective breeding, to transfer a low erucic acid trait into agronomically adapted cultivars of Brassica napus and B. campestris, which are used in the production of rapeseed oils."

I guess I shouldn't believe everything I read... But still, what evidence exists for GMO rape in the 70s?

"Canola oil is a very effective insecticide, and it is the primary ingredient in many "organic" (non-chemical) pesticide control products sprayed on vegetables to kill bugs."
Learn more: Canola oil used to be called RAPESEED oil but the name was changed for marketing reasons

Intriguing... Are You Eating Pesticides?-Canola Oil A Great Insect Killer - YouTube (this guy is propaganda central!).

That is the FUNNIEST video I have EVER seen! And the sound is all out of sync to make it funnier!

Synopsis... Pesticide contains 96% canola oil and this guy says it must be toxic!

So I looked up the MSDS data for this product, Vegol... I couldn't find anything terribly toxic there... But the video is terrible... I can't make comment on what the other 4% of active ingredients are in this pesticide, but I am fully willing to try spraying canola oil on my roses to see if it works!!!

But the most outlandish propaganda I have heard, completely out weighing all the other propaganda in the world is this one:

"The truth is however, that rape is the most toxic of all food oil plants. Not even insects will eat it. No wonder farmers like growing it. It turns out that rape is a member of the mustard family of plants, and is the source for the chemical agent, mustard gas, which causes blistering on skin and lungs when inhaled. Mustard Gas was banned after WWI for this very reason."

This could quite possibly be the single most uninformed paragraph on the entire internet!

This site: Canola Oil

But this site also suggests: "It is derived from the mustard family and is considered a toxic and poisonous weed, which when processed, becomes rancid very quickly."

Ummmmm... Cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, mustard.... The list goes on, are all derived from the exact same family too... Just like potatoes and tomatoes come from the same family as deadly nightshade... Funny though, we probably should make nightshade oil too!

Ok, but - to be totally honest with you, I don't even use canola oil. I use olive or rice... Grapeseed oil is another I use - but I think that the canola experts will say grapeseed is just rapeseed with a G!

So - propaganda... I LOVE IT!!!

I used to enjoy this Asian condiment that contained rapeseed oil. It was totally delicious with its smokey...almost carcinogenic flavour! :shock:

Totally delish on noodles :p

It was this one!!!

35190.jpg

is rapeseed the same stuff as the the rape seed you get from bird seed? i have heard if you eat too much you turn into a rapist

I bet I know how you changed their diet. You changed their greens to mustard leaves, which makes them produce gas. Now every time they fart it burns their little backsides. Their sore back sides have diverted their attention from more amorous pursuits. There is something about a bottom covered in blisters that takes the fun out of procreating if you are feathered…

I bet I know how you changed their diet. You changed their greens to mustard leaves, which makes them produce gas. Now every time they fart it burns their little backsides. Their sore back sides have diverted their attention from more amorous pursuits. There is something about a bottom covered in blisters that takes the fun out of procreating if you are feathered…

haha hah lol
that made my day thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back