Tassie fly fishing trip

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

underbelly

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Have just returned from the central highlands of Tasmania and found this little fellow basking in the sun while I was walking along the waters edge.
4e3c6bb60ac66831b9d0448c78c1fe9f.jpg

69057dd49de3b0a1df6ab8e3ad357ce1.jpg

It settled down very quickly and was a pleasure to handle, anyway just thought it would be of interest to most on this forum.

underbelly

hah ha cooly cool did you catch any fishies??

beautiful coloured specimen :) what lake did you find him at? :)

We were at Penstock Lagoon for two days, this was the only specimen found oddly enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Got back just in time ay.

Fires were well away from us but you are right, they could have occurred anywhere in the state as its very dry at present. Many of the back lakes are well below normal water levels, so field herping is all the more simpler at the moment. Keep in mind you will only get a choice of three species.

My dad hasn't taken me fishing in ages!! :( Did you have fun?
That's awesome!!! Love those oranges on the little fella you caught!

Supposedly the copperheads there are pretty substantial in size in Tassie, but that's a nice little one :D

How'd your fishing go? Beautiful area Tasmania which makes it even more worthwhile.

I have found that many of the more substantial sizes are found by bushwalkers, fisherpersons (being P.C.). The majority I find/rescue around suburban areas are on the smaller sizes (2-3ft).

The best I have had so far would be the same colour as OP but 4ft 2in long.

Cheers
Daz

That is some absolutely stunning orange in it, All these awesome looking vens that have been posted all over the place lately is almost enough to make a man want to keep what he said he never would lol.

By the way how was the fishing, Tassie is one of only 2 states in Oz that I haven't fished and it has always been a dream to pack the bike with some lightweight fly gear and catch a ride over on the ferry for a riding/fishing trip

Tassie can be another world at times. The wind was an issue for us but found plenty of herping things to do when it gets the better of you. It's hard not to have fun doing the things you love.

underbelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back