Away for two weeks - what to do with my Bearded Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

polarwarp

Reaction score
I'm heading away for 2 weeks overseas and was wondering if there were any places in Melbourne that boarded reptiles that were good (the place... not the reptile)? I think the Vic Market aquarium/reptile place might look after reptiles, but they seem to have a lot of reptiles for sale that are missing limbs which makes me a bit nervous!

He lives in a massive enclosure, otherwise I'd happily drop it off at a family member's house ;)

Having someone drop into the house isn't an option.

Thanks for the suggestions!

How old is he? Can you set up a temporary tub enclosure?
Not many services available that I have noticed except for a few kids (judged by the wording) offering their services on gumtree.
Your main concern will be with quarantine procedures.

maybe buy a smaller enclosure for the 2 weeks so he can stay with a family member.
i doubt quarantine would be safe at a boarding place. also i have never heard of any were that minds reptiles while your away as part of your licence condition is that the reptile must stay on the licenced premises. unless its different in melbourne.

good luck though

Last edited:
you could easily set up a tub like this if it's only for 2 weeks, and a friend or family can look after him. i have travelled with some of my hatchies like this when i go back to broken hill and cant get a sitter, 1 globe is a uv the other just a 40w spotlight globe

IMG_0096.JPG

KJ,

I'm genuinely curious, so please don't think I'm having a go. I've seen this service offered by one or two other petshops and I'm wondering how you can, given typical licence conditions.

Thanks,
Ren

KJ,

I'm genuinely curious, so please don't think I'm having a go. I've seen this service offered by one or two other petshops and I'm wondering how you can, given typical licence conditions.

Thanks,

Ren

We can because there are no buy/sell time restrictions on animals for commercial dealers, it is up to the individual leaving the animals to square it with DSE

coburg aquarium does and they seem to look after them alright

Thanks everyone for the quick replies :)

I looked into getting a tub to feed him in and due to his length there didn't seem to be many that he'd fit in comfortably. I could see him jumping out of anything that didn't have a lid. :lol:

Thanks also about the heads up about the potential licensing issue. I would have thought they'd want reptiles to be looked after properly in this situation but will follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back