backyard herping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATIVE2OZ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My house backs onto a huge wetland,cow paddocks and eventually the junction between the Albert and Logan Rivers in SE QLD.
Straight outta my backyard I've caught Coastals, Diamonds, Keelbacks, Greenies, Red Bellies, Tigers and well you get the idea, just wanted to show off yesterdays catch I made whilst tending to the ol' vDSC_0475.jpgege patch.

Ive seen them with my own two eyes, caught them with my own two hands, im sure people living in the logan area can back me up, I'm not gonna deny, I havn't seen one for a few seasons but they are definetly here.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I remember I caught a massive Diamond at Horse Shoe Bay in Airlie Beach would have been a solid 7.5ft im sure diamond are just found further south than any other python

Mate sure they weren't just pretty coastals? Definately don't occur at airlie. They weren't survive the heat and humidity. The most northern place for diamonds is around Coffs harbor.

And tigers only have a small population around Beerwah swamps and up in ye hinterland

I have been relocating snakes in the Airlie Beach and Proserpine area for many years and have never come across a diamond python yet, other than in someone's collection. Horse Shoe Bay is in Bowen about 60klm north of Airlie.

If it happened that far north it had to be an escaped captive animal.

Blue

But other than the lack of diamonds, very cool

Diamond back rattlesnake maybe but no diamond pythons. Someone needs to get there facts right :rolleyes: Jokes. :lol:

You go find that diamond and hand him to whatever wildlife people you have. Diamonds that far north are very much outta place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back