U. milii pictures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliamphora

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I thought i would post some pictures of my new juvi thick tailed geckos. Hopefully it turns out i have a pair, and in a few years I'll be able to try breeding them.
IMGP0034.jpgIMGP0036.jpgIMGP0035.jpg
I've got a few questions concerning these guys, first off, what is the general consensus on the genus name of this species? Nephrurus, or Underwoodisaurus? Secondly, Im currently keeping these two in seperate sistema 3L containers, using a mix of fine sand and sifted peat, in about a 75:25 ratio. They are kept unheated during the warmer months, with a larger rack style enclosure, with a heatcord for the winter months. They are fed two or three small crickets every night, with any uneaten insects taken out the following morning, as not to desturb them while they sleep during the day. Does this set up sound good to all you gecko keepers out there?
Cheers, Pat

i really want to get some thick tailed geckos but i dont know any breeders in sydney...
And my dad dosent wont me to get one :(

- - - Updated - - -

congrats awesome little geckoes i hope to get some someday :)
thanks for sharing to me thats set up seems good but i dont own geckos

Hello everyone, I thought i would post some pictures of my new juvi thick tailed geckos. Hopefully it turns out i have a pair, and in a few years I'll be able to try breeding them.
View attachment 276929View attachment 276930View attachment 276931
I've got a few questions concerning these guys, first off, what is the general consensus on the genus name of this species? Nephrurus, or Underwoodisaurus? Secondly, Im currently keeping these two in seperate sistema 3L containers, using a mix of fine sand and sifted peat, in about a 75:25 ratio. They are kept unheated during the warmer months, with a larger rack style enclosure, with a heatcord for the winter months. They are fed two or three small crickets every night, with any uneaten insects taken out the following morning, as not to desturb them while they sleep during the day. Does this set up sound good to all you gecko keepers out there?
Cheers, Pat
Setup is spot on pat. They will need 7l sistemas soon.
I believe they did get moved into the Nephrurus but are now back to Underwoodisaurus.
Stunners!

P1000702.jpgP1000546.jpg
Some of mine
Dont use the red sand its no good. Ive moved to peat/sand.

hey chicken, will you be breeding them next year?
i really want one.

I keep my adults and juvis on the same substrate.
You seem to have a good handle on it.
Do they have hides?

@Chicken: Nice fat tail on the front left one. I'll come round and relieve you of that if you like. :)

jegyge9y.jpg
some of my babies

gonemad u have alot of geckos.
Will u be breeding them next year coz i want one?

They are back in Underwoodisaurus now

I don't try to breed these but if they breed, they breed my kids own the parents and they get played with way too much but they run up for them to be picked up!
I'm sure a subscriber will post some for sale soon in your area. Good luck crazycow232 just a little note you can't post a want, buy or sell unless your a subscriber.

Yeah they have hides, as well as clean milk bottle caps which I keep filled with water by spraying them, and the sides of the tub with a spray bottle. Hw moist do you keep the substrate? The sand in that third picture looks quite wet.

No need to have a wet substrate but spraying the walls / cool end is necessary. I spray all my gex every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back