Woma Python Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelysmoley

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i just bought a new reptile one glass enclosure (60 x 45 x 45) for my woma python, and i just wanted to see some of your desert or terrestrial enclosures so i can get an idea of how to set mine up.
Thanks everyone Joelysmoley

would of been better off holding out and getting an enclosure once he was older as at 60 long you will be wanting to move him out in no time flat

anyways heres a few pics of one of mine 1200LX600X600, its a little fluro in the pics but isnt that bright in person , i couldn't find the acrylic colour powder stuff for the render so ended up painting it long story short im not much of a painter still though the little guy doesn't seem to mind ( note i do have a light cage i just hadn't installed it at the time of the pics)

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Thanks, nice enclosure, wish i could make a background. i have another enclosure for her for the future. its 120cm long so she will love it

no worries , its just that womas tend to grow pretty fast from my experience and from what others on here say , and you probably could of saved some $$$$ by leaving her in a decent sized tub until she was a few months old (like 6 months or so) then into the big one , providing their feeding well and dont freak out when they go in there and you provide adequate hiding places , if they do seem stressed then back to the old one

would of been better off holding out and getting an enclosure once he was older as at 60 long you will be wanting to move him out in no time flat

anyways heres a few pics of one of mine 1200LX600X600, its a little fluro in the pics but isnt that bright in person , i couldn't find the acrylic colour powder stuff for the render so ended up painting it long story short im not much of a painter still though the little guy doesn't seem to mind ( note i do have a light cage i just hadn't installed it at the time of the pics)

Did you make that your self or buy it like that

Did you make that your self or buy it like that
made it myself , i dont like the ones you can by as i dont feel that bits of melamine stapled together is really safe to stack , so i had a look at fish tank stand frames and slightly changed it around to suit , theres 2 beams of support hiding in the background ( not including the corners of the frame)and one between the 2 doors but its sort of hidden as well , i also dont really like most door systems they use like glass tracks so made that so it kinda locks against the rim that you can see in the pics if that makes sense

Always enjoy seeing that enclosure Thomassss ;) Very nice indeed :D

When you get a few more, as womas are extremely addicitive. Heres a tub set up i use for mine.
I find 600mm is wasted space for woma's. Not an issue for only 1 or 2.
These are Snake Whisper tubs and they are awesome for woma's............

Attachments

• woma rack 007.jpg
    woma rack 007.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 261
  • woma rack 008.jpg
    woma rack 008.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 185
I find 600mm is wasted space for woma's. .
yes , yes it is :) think ill be going around 450 from now on but i sat there with the tape measure and if it had of been any lower i would of had to lay down(as its at ground level) to look in there and do anything in there , 600 just seemed a little better from that perspective

Who made that background and how much did it cost?

yes , yes it is :) think ill be going around 450 from now on but i sat there with the tape measure and if it had of been any lower i would of had to lay down(as its at ground level) to look in there and do anything in there , 600 just seemed a little better from that perspective

Make that bottom one a set of drawers, can never have to much storage space then go the required number of cages above

What do u mean by wasted space

Woma dont climb (can but arent good at it) so more floor space is better then hieght. Have a look at the 2nd pic i posted both are 4 banks.
The old bank next to it were 2ft (610mm) high. Like i said not an issue if you have 1 or 2 animals but once into double figures witht he colection, banks work well

How much was that woma rack? And do you no if it possible just to buy the tubs?

Cheers Caleb

Caleb best bet would be to contact Aaron from snake whisper. he'd have answer to all those questions as he was the maker........

This is the new set up
ne5e8eqa.jpg
sorry for the bad picture

WomaCage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is my display cage for my Woma. I am getting another one set up for a BHP. A little overkill but he is my favorite snake so he gets the spotlight. He loves the extra space too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back