Reptiles I see

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Love my job...apart from certain parts as with any profession.

At the Caloundra Landfill the other day conducting some baseline water quality monitoring and came across my RBB friend that I see quite often. Most probably a different one each time but I have come across this fella several times ( I believe).
She was so peaceful and I did not notice her until I was about 1.5m away...luckily, she is a solid girl and a wack from her would certainly be an experiance.

Its also a little hard to see however the Gonna was a biiiiiiiiiiig boy. One of the largest ones I have seen here in South QLD, things much be treating him well. He was approx (I am guessing) but would have said over 2m or around that length from head to tail. He was a monster, extremely fat and happy.

Some perks to getting out doors for your job!

Attachments

• IMAG0977.jpg
    IMAG0977.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0978.jpg
    IMAG0978.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMAG0980.jpg
    IMAG0980.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 235
They are so beautiful, it amazes me why any one would want to hurt them when they seem them. Congrats on the meeting :) thanks for the pics

As a landscaper i see alot of stuff to but nothing as serious as that goanna!

Yeah in all honesty I have travelled all over QLD for work and have never come across a goanna as fat and large as this one. The torso on this thing was monsterous....I would say a solid 55-65cm in diameter

As a landscaper i see alot of stuff to but nothing as serious as that goanna!

ha ha awesome id love to have an outdoorsy job :)

They are a nice change (in comparison to being stuck indoors all day), except when the temperatures exceed 35 :p But luckily we don't get that too often here on the Sunshine Coast :D

Last edited:
At my work there wouldn't be a day a monitor doesn't stroll through the depot.

Cheers for the pics, and nice Rbb :)

GREAT PICS man i went to my nans in queensland and went herping ran into a tiger snake instantly backed away and walked in the other direction dont want to get bitten by one of those 1 hour away from the house on your own

Yeah in all honesty I have travelled all over QLD for work and have never come across a goanna as fat and large as this one. The torso on this thing was monsterous....I would say a solid 55-65cm in diameter

Really... I'm a stubby little bloke that wears 92cm pants. That's talking circumference!

Biggest monster I have seen. Next time I see it...I will wrestle it with a tape and send the photo proof from hospital :) :p

Biggest monster I have seen. Next time I see it...I will wrestle it with a tape and send the photo proof from hospital :) :p

55cm is 12cm wider than my waist and as I said I may be a Little stumpy! I want to meet this lizard!

Must also be a big log he's stuck to, what... 1m diameter in your scale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool pics mate. For some reason every time I come across RRB in the wild I get less than a metre away from them before they take off. Like lightning when they do though almost looks as though they vanish into thin air.

Nice pics mate, great to see healthy animals in the wild. Nothing better than sitting on my verandah in the arvo with a bevvie and watching all the Frillies come out across the road in the parkland. I just wish all the fools would stop interfering with them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back