enclosure from hatchling to adult

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerboyz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi, i am planning to get a hatchling jungle.
from what i see, it grows up to about 500mm in a year and maybe 1200 in 2.
So my dad and i are trying to design a most economical way to make its enclosure, as well as heating.
We decided on a system, and please tell me if it will work out.

hatchling will go into a 50X30X30 clickclack, heating will be done by a heating pad + thermostat.
dad insists on a heating pad because it sounds more safe than cords.
When its ready, move it into a 150X70X70 enclosure built on our own and hopefully it doesnt outgrow it. In this scenario, we're planning on buying another heating pad and using both together to heat up the bigger enclosure.
This enclosure will probably be fully made of wire gauze (is there anything against it?)
What do you think, will it work out? Please let me know what u guys think.

You could build one similar to mine. If you make 1200mm H X 600mm W X 600mm D, you can put a shelf in the top half while its only a young tacker. It will then be living in a 600 X 600 X 600 until it grows and then remove the shelf to give it the height that an aboreal will need.

All the gear your talking will then just go into the bottom section, mind you I have no idea where you live so a colder area might need some upsizing in a year or two.

Check out the pics on my profile if you like or check out the DIY stuff, some good ideas in there too.

Very easy to make out of Plywood and some Pine for some strength. As for heating etc, here in Darwin I might get it as cold as 15 or 16 overnight (this year was colder, 11 or 12 o/nite) so I just have normal bulb type lights in the colder months to add warmth. Keeping them cool is my hardest thing this time of year.

do people usually have 3 different sized enclosures as the snake grows, or can 2 work? 1 small and 1 big.

Cord under a sealed tile.............enough said.....throw the mats and heat emitters....u live in QLD so yur ambient temps will be fine...all ya need is a tile(450x450 min with a heat cord under for digestion of food and the snake will be as happy as larry.................this is a yr ahead as u getting a hatchie that will be in a click clack for 9 months or so
Ta
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back