Scrubby catches plane to New Guinea!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See thats how all the Jags and exotics are coming to Aus...

Last edited:
Oh, that's a shame.....poor thing.

( I couldn't watch the video on my phone)

They said it was still moving after landing, however It would be exceptionally hard to believe it lasted much longer...
-12C, 400km/wind and the tail and amount of blood that was lashed out of it, surely its crushed bones etc in its tail from all the whipping :(

This link: Python hitches ride on Qantas flight has video etc but it also says that the poor thing didn't make it. :( The story greeted my wife and I this morning when I turned the TV on before making a cuppa. We both said pretty much what has been said 'POOR Scrubby' :(

Damn AAE losing my scrubby!!! Jokes poor thing :( truly sad i just hope the cold air put it to sleep before it passed.

At least no one stupidly thought it could get onto the plane. It was an incredibly tough snake, but pretty doomed from the moment it emerged. I was also glad that they talked to a genuine snake expert (Rick Shine) for the ID rather than letting a reporter make something up.

:( Poor fella. He must have been in so much pain :( RIP Scrubby, you can ride all the planes you want now...

:( Poor fella. He must have been in so much pain :( RIP Scrubby, you can ride all the planes you want now...

Aw Sharkey that's exactly what I was thinking! :( it's such a terrible situation, rip to the poor Scrubbie that was just trying to find a nice place to sleep.

y3u9usen.jpg

Everywhere seem to cut the blood out, unfortunately it wouldn't of made it.

Qantas should have to donate money to a reptile park or foundation. Should be checking the plane over with a fine tooth comb.

That's so horrible :( I can't believe that media attention this has had and not once have I seen or heard of a mention on this!

That's why not everyone should be armchair bandits and rely on mainstream media....

The rough truth is these things happen. For people to check the plane over even more it would cost all of us a little more. It was a freak accident, that is all. Just unfortunate.

The even sadder thing is worse things than this happen everyday and it only hits headlines when it's a real sob story... to the producers.

Considering how snakes can get into the tightest nooks I think it is a stretch to throw 'neglect of duty' around. It could have been deep in the wing amongst the cables etc and moved when it sensed the plane was in motion and ended up there after the plane was taxiing or even taken off. How often do we read about escaped snakes that can't be found anywhere and then turn up where the owner has already looked twice before.

A sad accident and a very unpleasant end to a stunning animal.

safety standards

It was on the mainstream news last night showing the footage seen in the link. As Gruni mentioned earlier, the news report stated that it didn't survive. It's amazing that it was still moving upon landing. I noticed that in the last frame of the clip it shows the wing flaps down (as you'd expect). During the flight the snakes body was in the flap tracks. I suspect that it's body got crushed in the tracks when they descended. If the snake was much bigger it may have jammed the tracks and been a safety concern if the flaps couldn't descend properly.
Planes should be checked more thoroughly. If they don't notice a three metre python on the wing, what else might not be seen?! Qantas have made a lot of cutbacks over the last several years and their safety standards have dropped considerably as a result. I certainly wouldn't mind paying more to increase safety standards. I'm sure that a lot of people feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back