Golden tailed gecko care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rose328

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have 2 golden tailed geckos coming on Sunday what will I need for there set up? Everything from lighting to feeding and substrate would be nice :)

im used to my beardies

There is no info on the net. We have the heat mat but other wise I need to know everything else

I highly recommend buying this book:

"A Guide to Australian Geckos & Pygopods in Captivity" By Danny Brown

If you cannot afford it then at least get this book:
"Keeping Australian Geckos" by Rob Porter

Both are found here:
Geckodan � Danny Brown � The Bookshop - Page 1

I just bought a book from them, I paid for it on the 09/01/2013 and it just arrived 10 mins ago :) Thanks Danny & Co

Last edited:
Edit:
I haven't bought the Gecko book yet but I have had a quick read of a friends copy and it is the best husbandry manual I have read to date in regards to Geckos and Pygopods.
It's on my list but I think I will look at getting some of the other books on animals I am not so familiar with first.

Last edited:
29-31 hot end with temp gradient,i just use heat cord but u could use a low watt globe.5.0 uv light most people supply them with.they will eat anything appropriately sized crickets woodies etc.
for the substrate i use a mix of sand and coir peat.
in case u dont know they like to climb so supply them with plenty of branches and twigs....
i'm no expert but this was how i was shown to keep them from the breeder i got mine off :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back