BHP hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowdnboy

Reaction score
Hi all, well, I just got home from work and 2 of my BHP are out of the egg .... yippeeee finally after 67days. The others have there heads out. hopefully by morning.

Anyway, Ive taken them out and put into the hatchy rack. Ive heard people like to keep em in the inc for a day after hatching, however they were all over another egg and the hatchy from that egg looked to be panting almost - stressed out so I ve taken em out already. Not sure when they came out of the egg, they were sticking there heads out at 12pm, so sometime between then and now.

Q is, is it ok to take em straight out to the click clacks. Hope so as I feel I dont have a choice and dont want to leave them in the inc container with the other hatchy.????? They seem to be happy at the moment in the clickclack hatchy rack moving around the aspen and exploring already

Your thoughts???

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Add to that, both having a drink already

I dont see a problem with taking them out.
Pics of the new babies would be nice

I agree pics would be great :)
In terms of your question, I also dont see a problem, especially if you already have their enclosure ready.
Very jealous, would love to breed BHP's :)

Dont people put the hatchies in the racks with damp kitchen roll paper for a few days...tho i would like to know y and for how long? Ta ...Pete

Dont people put the hatchies in the racks with damp kitchen roll paper for a few days...tho i would like to know y and for how long? Ta ...Pete

That's correct.You need to keep them well hydrated until they have had their first slough.

If you want to use a substrate besides paper towel (which I mist twice daily), you could use damp sphagnum moss. However, this is expensive. You still need to mist regularly until the first slough.

Damp paper towel is definitely good, just till after the first slough. I probably wouldn't use sphagnum moss, if it dries out it will dehydrate the animal really quickly. (Sorry pythonmum):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back