Hatchling heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchyboy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
if i buy a juvy children python and keep it in a click clack container can i just keep it in that in my bigger enclosure? with the thermostat on in the enclosure?

Generally not. If an enclosure is properly set up to have a heat gradient, the small space that a click clack resides in wouldn't have much of a gradient. So the click clack would either basically be all hot or all cold, if that makes sense

Not advisable, they will freak out, it's way too big, a click clack, heat mat/thermostat and your set to go.

I disagree Snakes are born in the wild into a big enclosure called the world, how many have you seen freeking out.
If you place lots of hides of an appropriate size in a three foot enclosure they will feel safe and secure. I try to think about what the snake would experiance in the wild. Lots of rocks and fallen branches for example. Then try to replicate as best you can.
This is my opinion and I am sure lots of people would disagree

I disagree Snakes are born in the wild into a big enclosure called the world, how many have you seen freeking out.
If you place lots of hides of an appropriate size in a three foot enclosure they will feel safe and secure. I try to think about what the snake would experiance in the wild. Lots of rocks and fallen branches for example. Then try to replicate as best you can.
This is my opinion and I am sure lots of people would disagree
EXACTLY my thoughts l have challenged many people to demonstrate their heat gradiant in a click clack STILL WAITING solar 17

Ive had several hatchlings who were defensive, would always hide, and refused food when they were in an enclosure, i moved them to click clacks and all the problems stopped. I think proper enclosures are fine once they reach a year old. Im sure some people will disagree, but this is just what i have personally experienced with my snakes so it's all i have to go from.

Everyone will have an opinion, I am just going with the majority of what many experts advise. I'm only new to snakes myself, so always happy to listen to different opinions, it's a learning curve for sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back