Difference in Ackie enclosure design??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
So I'm almost finished my enclosure for my ackie and I'm starting to look at how to decorate but realised that there ackies from all over the place eg mt Isa, WA ect. Does this mean ackies from different areas require different set up and like furniture, substrate ect or are all similar due to captive breeding?

Cheers dutchy

Reptiles really don't mind how you decorate their enclosures as long as it is safe and functional but it makes sense to decorate according to the locale that your animal comes from if possible.

It is up to you,
Ackies will have different colours and patterning depending on where they come from, eg mt Isa will have patterns and colours that help it hide better in that environment.
If you would like the colour of the ackie and the enclosure to go together which for you would make a more natural look then by all means do so, but if you don't. it will not worry the ackie, just so long as the temps and such like are the way they should be,

i had i nesting box with half red and half white desert sand in it, and my little female always burrowed in the red side, which was pretty cool i thought :)

That's pretty interesting so it seemed to choose the red sand so there is obviously some sort of reaction to what would be there natural environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back