Scrubby catches plane to New Guinea!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a tough one, its so sad but again its a freak accident, i feel for the snake, there are better things that could have happened of course, but at the end of the day how many other times has a snake been caught up on the outside of an aeroplane like this? i havent heard of it happening before. i understand what you guys are saying but realistically the cost to sus out the plane inside and out and have everything still running on time would cost a lot of money and time. at least on the bright side the snake did pass away and wasnt left to suffer any longer, but what a horrific and terrifying way for this poor thing to have to leave this world :(

Such a horrible thing to happen to such an awesome creature.

As for the airline going over the plane, if you saw the plane sitting on the Tarmac, thinking to look for a cast away snake in there would seem silly. IMHO

The scrubby had chained its self to the plane to ban overseas trips in the hope of stopping more jags reaching its country , unfortunately the picket it was holding had blown away long before he was noticed and the photo was taken!!!!

It was on the mainstream news last night showing the footage seen in the link. As Gruni mentioned earlier, the news report stated that it didn't survive. It's amazing that it was still moving upon landing. I noticed that in the last frame of the clip it shows the wing flaps down (as you'd expect). During the flight the snakes body was in the flap tracks. I suspect that it's body got crushed in the tracks when they descended. If the snake was much bigger it may have jammed the tracks and been a safety concern if the flaps couldn't descend properly.
Planes should be checked more thoroughly. If they don't notice a three metre python on the wing, what else might not be seen?! Qantas have made a lot of cutbacks over the last several years and their safety standards have dropped considerably as a result. I certainly wouldn't mind paying more to increase safety standards. I'm sure that a lot of people feel the same way.

I flew with Qantas 2months ago to get to America and I'm flying back with them in another few months... Makes you think doesnt it eeeeeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back