Taming Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cid_python

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old bredli which I haven't handled in about 8 months. I only realised I haven't handled for so long in the last 3 few days. It doesn't try and bight me It just slithers away really fast into the corners and tries climb up the walls. So I can't really handle it without it going crazy, I can pat it but it flinches and I don't want to stress it out too much. So what should I do? I really want to handle it again.

Start slow. Don't just try and rip him out of his home he has been stuck in for 8 months. Reach in, clean the place up, move your hands slowly around without provoking him. Just get him used to your presence again. Then slowly try to touch him inside his tank until he is calm about it. Then you can hook or take him out.

Just don't rush it. You have to think that he hasn't been out of his tank or touched in a very long time, he's going to be nervous about a sudden change like that.

Start slow. Don't just try and rip him out of his home he has been stuck in for 8 months. Reach in, clean the place up, move your hands slowly around without provoking him. Just get him used to your presence again. Then slowly try to touch him inside his tank until he is calm about it. Then you can hook or take him out.

Just don't rush it. You have to think that he hasn't been out of his tank or touched in a very long time, he's going to be nervous about a sudden change like that.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back