If only you can have one Pet, What would it be ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A giraffe... my theory is, if Elizabeth Taylor can buy Michael Jackson an elephant, then i'm gonna find a giraffe in the for sale section in the neswpaper...... but thats not going very well.. So my new idea is to buy a white Llama, and paint it with food colouring to look like a giraffe.....

All said with tounge in cheek :)

Pet rock no mess cheap to feed and nice and quite :) just no sure what colour eyes I would give him.

LOL Legally I don't think I was allowed to have them, but growing up I lived on a farm, and this one fox used to hang around a lot, so rather than him eating my chickens (well my parents chickens) I used to sneak him down some food, and before too long he became used to me, and I would just keep feeding him. My parents never knew, unfortunately my parents are pretty old school in respect to "pests" BUt he was pretty cool and they are totally beautiful creatures as well..... I'm a sucker for all animals though I tend to have more tolerance for animals than humans hahahaha

Wow that's awesome but legally we can't own them in oz even though you can go out throw a rope around a feral camel's neck and you have got yourself a pet camel. Foxes are my favourite animal but they really should never have being introduced and I have no problem with them being culled. In Russia there is a farm where they breed silver foxes for pets. If I lived in Europe I would have one. The only thing is after a few generations of domestication they started to look more dog like. Still cute but not the same.

a pod of killer whales which lived in the ocean but i could call for them when i was at the beach and they would swim over and i would ride around with them like aqua man!

you can adopt foxes in NSW

Wow that's awesome but legally we can't own them in oz even though you can go out throw a rope around a feral camel's neck and you have got yourself a pet camel. Foxes are my favourite animal but they really should never have being introduced and I have no problem with them being culled. In Russia there is a farm where they breed silver foxes for pets. If I lived in Europe I would have one. The only thing is after a few generations of domestication they started to look more dog like. Still cute but not the same.

There are a lot of animals that should never have been introduced here... cane toad for one. (Wow this toad eats cane beetles, quick release them, oh dickens they can't jump that high oh well plague of mass proportions seems fine now) My issue with culling an animal that was introduced here by people in the first place is how was it's the animals fault? That's what make me angry. Another thing that makes me angry is I work with a bunch of people that go hunting to get rid of "pests". My main point to them is, you aren't getting rid of the pests, you are mainintaining them, so then you still have something to hunt. If something truely is a pest you dispose of it, you don't continue to let it breed and stay at a steady number just so you can all sit around your little camp fire and polish your big tough weapons.... These are the same people that have that standard "Only good snake is a dead snake attitutde". Argh so many times when I hear people at work say that, I just want to grab them by their throats Homer Simpson style.... Fixes are awesome totally beautiful and misunderstood very much like my scaley friends.

Problems is though we can't readily dispose of Cane Toads or foxes etc.

i dont believe there is any laws in NSW for keeping foxes as they are considered a nuisance and not a pest!... so u can keep them depending what ur local council says!

correct me if im wrong tho!

:( I live in QLD and they are illegal, along with rabbits... why oh why cruel world won't you let me have my ark + the extra animals......

I would like to keep a tiger or a hippopotamus, i say a t.v show (strange animal companions) i think it was.
Some lady kept a hippo (it was orphaned when it was a baby), the hippo i allowed to go down to the river to play with the other hippos but it always comes home. The hippo thinks the lady is its real mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back