Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6577119d-a45a-8825.jpg
My princess :)

nice pics all, love those sheoak skinks!

DSCF1792.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

DSCF1917.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1713.jpg

DSCF1911.jpg

couple more with one of my pits.

Last edited:
I am nearly dying here (of jealousy) I am in awe over you guys skinks, I have never seen so many nice skinks before.
Here are pics of my gerrardi
skink018.jpg

013-4.jpg

Only 1 female has given birth so far and it was 5 live + 7 slugs ,3 of the babies died within 48 hours and the last 2 are doing well 30+ days later.Last year my 2 females gave birth to 22 babies and all lived. My best female ever (16 years ago) always gave 15-25 babies a year but some always died within the first month

I been breeding pink tongue skinks for nearly 30 years and it seems that when they have large litters the babies are small and not so hardy but if you take them out and keep them alone in a box you will have more that will live but I leave mine in with the adults and they have to look for food themselves and so when I sell the babies I know that they are good and eating

So you leave the new borns in with the adults and then if they don't feed they die...am I getting this right?

Really responsible way to breed lizards:rolleyes: No wonder exports are not permitted

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, here is Catdog:

Attachments

• IMAG0502.jpg
    IMAG0502.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0501.jpg
    IMAG0501.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0500.jpg
    IMAG0500.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0499.jpg
    IMAG0499.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 106
Really responsible way to breed lizards:rolleyes: No wonder exports are not permitted

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, here is Catdog:

I been doing this a lot of years now, I have between 10 and 40 babies every year and maybe 3-5 a year dies and would have in nature aswell.I always leave the babies in with the adult until they are sold and mine never eat their young but seem to show where to feed and sleep (even the male)

Whether or not they would have survived in the wild is irrelevant, natural selection shouldn't be applied to a captive animal. Unless the ones that died were deformed or something as such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back