woma food response biting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
heyy,

my 2 year old woma used to be very placid and never tried too bite. now every time you go into her cage she strikes and wraps around your arm and tries to eat you. i got my dad to pick her up and see if it was just a one off, so my dad put his hand in there and went to pick her up but then stopped and she just slowly slid her mouth onto his finger. we're trying to feed her mondays and thursdays because the rats are getting bit small and we're getting her out of the cage and putting her in a click clack to feed.

is there anything else we can do to stop her from 'eating' us?

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but sounds like she's hungry, just feed her a bigger rat (or two) once a week?

- - - Updated - - -

And you can use a hook to get her out of her enclosure, I'd try that and see if she still wants to eat you out of the enclosure. :D

I would buy bigger rats but we just bought 40 for cheap so dad just said feed her more often. Also my dad said he would make me a hook to get her out with.

My woma wants to eat everything, all the time.

Nothing makes a difference, feeding frequency or being hooked etc. She will just try to eat the hook, or get that excited she will coil herself up instead.

My woma wants to eat everything, all the time.

Nothing makes a difference, feeding frequency or being hooked etc. She will just try to eat the hook, or get that excited she will coil herself up instead.

I have the exact same problem it's a problem to even clean the tank now:(

With my three year old I feed him in the evening when he goes into hunting mode. I handle in the mornings only. Also instead of feeding him more frequently try feeding him multiple rats in one feeding.

If she is only two it is unlikely she has reached sexual maturity so I don't know why her temperament has changed.

dont feed more often, just feed multiple items at a time, at 2 yrs old you could go to fortnightly feeding and give it a few small rats if thats all you got.

haha gotta love Womas and their appetites, My little Boodarie is the same at this time of year. It's just the heat that fires them up

heyy,

my 2 year old woma used to be very placid and never tried too bite. now every time you go into her cage she strikes and wraps around your arm and tries to eat you. i got my dad to pick her up and see if it was just a one off, so my dad put his hand in there and went to pick her up but then stopped and she just slowly slid her mouth onto his finger. we're trying to feed her mondays and thursdays because the rats are getting bit small and we're getting her out of the cage and putting her in a click clack to feed.

is there anything else we can do to stop her from 'eating' us?

What's the snakes weight at the moment?, how often do you feed?, and what's the weight of the prey item?.

Kindest regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back