samsung galaxy s2 and s3

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you guys could give me some opinions on these two phones. I currently hav a galaxy ace which isn't even a year old, but it constantly freeze/locks up so badly I haave to remove the battery and restart it. This is happening more and more often.. So was considering upgrading to stop this.

I own a s2 and it freezes and i also have to take the battery out but my dad has the s3 which works fine

I've had a S2 for nearly 12months, no problems and happy (I did get the hi-cap battery as battery life is a bit so-so, but that's the same with all the smart phones).

My fiancée just switched from an iPhone 4S to a S3 and she's extremely happy with it :D

My husband and I both have the S2 - not a problem. We're thinking of upgrading to the S3 when we can anyway :p
In-Laws have Galaxy Notes and they love them as well. MIL's brother got frustrated with the old iPhone 4s and changed to the Note, he never looked back ;)

Im about to get a samsung 4g note 2, Im sad to leave apple but i feel they need to some how excite me again.. <- didnt mean that in a seedy way either lol :p

I'm not a fan of any apple products personally :) Thanks for the feedback guys.. looks like the S3 is about $150 more than the S2.. but sounds like it is faster and has a few more features, e.g. better camera on it. Tempted.. but do I want to risk $600 on a phone that I occasionally have a habit of dropping lol. My ace has tolerated being dropped quite a few times..

Well, if it adds any points I've dropped my S2 a few times and it's come out alright. In a case, though - definitely an extra worth investing in, there.

i really dont think any of the galaxy phones are 'strong'. My iphone went out my window and got run over time and time again. i got it and after a new screen and lcd she is sweet. i think the build quality of apple is awesome.. but the samsung products have just become far far more superior imo.

Ive dropped my S3 a few times.. hasnt even cracked. Basically everyone i know with an iphone have cracked screens..
Just get a case for it and youll be right... id buy an s3 over an s2, its not much more money. They are HUGE though..hehe.

Yeah, a good protective case is essential :)

Haha iphone build quality is for looks not durability! How many iphones do u know without cracked screens! Go for the S3 kitah or you could always look at the nexus 4 :)

Either an S3 or HTC OneX. Both phones are far superior to an iPhone5 except screen quality. IPhone looks a smidge better.

Although it depends on what you want to get out of your phone. If you want to just talk and text an iPhone will suffice. If you want to tinker and mess around with your phone, any android device is the way to go. Being able to flash ROMs when I want and not having my phone full of bloatware is pretty important to me.

Androids can be a bit tricky to get used to. They have a bit higher learning curve over the iPhone and even the window$ phones. That being said, if you love window$, the functionality of the Nokia phones are very straight forward. Sleek os, easy to grasp and relatively cheap for what you get.

With window$ phones, again, you are tied down to what the makers want to give you. There are a few customizations for them but not nearly as easy to come by as the S3 or the OneX.

I love my S3. Once you get used to the rounded corners and button layout its an incredible phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

my s2 kept on freezing all the time so i formatted it deleted everything and started fresh and works great :) ps make sure u have anti virus protection on your phone as its like a computer and people are making viruses to go into the apps that you download

im tossing up between an s3 and a samsung note2 ahh such hard decisions

such a first world Kinda problem

I ditched the iphone and got an S3......couldn't be happier. I have dropped my phone a number of times and haven't damaged it. Just get a good case for it......my make it look a little bulkier but for a good phone it's worth it. My best friend has the S2 and he doesn't have a problem with it (when he remembers to update the software) :?

Although if needing repairs the HTC all have to be sent to China.... I wouldn't wait a month oeuvre two to get it back...
Definitely go the s 3
I have the s 3 and it shoots all over the wifes iphones and my old sony erricsson

DQUOTE=buffcoat;2300897]Either an S3 or HTC OneX. Both phones are far superior to an iPhone5 except screen quality. IPhone looks a smidge better.

Although it depends on what you want to get out of your phone. If you want to just talk and text an iPhone will suffice. If you want to tinker and mess around with your phone, any android device is the way to go. Being able to flash ROMs when I want and not having my phone full of bloatware is pretty important to me.

Androids can be a bit tricky to get used to. They have a bit higher learning curve over the iPhone and even the window$ phones. That being said, if you love window$, the functionality of the Nokia phones are very straight forward. Sleek os, easy to grasp and relatively cheap for what you get.

With window$ phones, again, you are tied down to what the makers want to give you. There are a few customizations for them but not nearly as easy to come by as the S3 or the OneX.

I love my S3. Once you get used to the rounded corners and button layout its an incredible phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

A

My wife got the s3....its incredible, camera is in its own class, its smooth and fast. Get it on a plan...that way its free :p

s3 hands down - best phone I've owned (my previous phone was an s2 and an iphone4 before that, but the s3 is much better imo).

I ditched the s3 and got the iPhone 5. It's a million times better. I don't think I could go back to galaxy now.

I ditched the s3 and got the iPhone 5. It's a million times better. I don't think I could go back to galaxy now.

Agreed. I went from iPhone to S3 and back to iPhone in 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back