Rbb

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Nice Rbb from a kitchen callout today:). Please excuse the chinese workboots.

This is an example of free handling and represents a potentially dangerous scenario that only those experienced with venomous snakes should consider, so don't do this at home.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 385
Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful snake make, but free handling it is could start a fight on here going by past experience

I hope you'll still have him next week, I don't see too many vens at my work.

I hope you'll still have him next week, I don't see too many vens at my work.

This one was released near a local swamp, but I'll likely have a few for you to have a look at by next week:). We're flat out here ATM.

Apologies for the free handling, but this was the best pic of the bunch of a truely stunning local...gotta admit, it's a nice snake:)!

It is... Stunning, such a great looking snake.
As far as free handling, I don't see a problem with it, especially since you are experienced (Have seen many of your threads on here).

Looks healthy Richard, I see you have settled into the new State!

Looks healthy Richard, I see you have settled into the new State!

Missing the colour variety in the texty's from Northern NSW....the Browns here so far are all just...brown!

It is... Stunning, such a great looking snake.
As far as free handling, I don't see a problem with it, especially since you are experienced (Have seen many of your threads on here).

Thanks...it was a nice animal, but there is a problem with free handling, especially amongst the "experienced"...complacency; not something I normally do in public.

Id rather free handle a red belly than most other vens, they would have to be one of the calmest and most reluctant to bite.

Unless you piss them off. I had to cut a large male from bird netting the other day, kept him in for observation for a few days and he still wanted to kill me on release! Hissed like a truck tyre with a blown valve:).

Beautiful snake IV. I've said it before but as a young bloke we caught and handled RBBs all the time because we were told they were harmles :). I guess they weren't too stressed because of the loose handling. Or just dumb luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back