pet health insurance for reptiles???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have health insurance for mine, but do have them covered under my home and contents insurance, should anything drastic happen to them and their enclosures, or if some awful folk decide they want them for themselves...

I don't think anywhere offers pet insurance for reptiles - and I don't see them starting anywhere in the future.
Most pet insurance agencies require your pets to have no existing conditions when you first sign up, it can be a bit hard to prove that with reptile diseases seeing as symptoms don't tend to present...

Did find a company in the UK that did this but the premiums were very expensive, I dread to think what the annual cost would have been if you had a small collection. You could always set up a direct debit so that money is taken straight out of your wages each month direct into a savings account. This is a good way of helping if unexpected things happen.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Everything is for cats and dogs....the 'industry' don't care for reptiles imo

Don't have health insurance for mine, but do have them covered under my home and contents insurance, should anything drastic happen to them and their enclosures, or if some awful folk decide they want them for themselves...

What agency is that with?

Contents insurance usually only covers the enclosures. If you had a break in and they only took the reptiles I doubt you would get a penny back.

Contents insurance usually only covers the enclosures. If you had a break in and they only took the reptiles I doubt you would get a penny back.

Yeah aware of that. but if anything else happens I'd just claim the snake in the value of the enclosure...

I'll find out the details for you. The mrs did it all for me :) what you mean shire folk get away with everything??

I'll find out the details for you. The mrs did it all for me :) what you mean shire folk get away with everything??

Did you end up finding details?

I have rung around and so far no one I've spoken to covers reptiles under pet insurance.

I called around a few places a little while ago. No go for reptiles but someone suggested if you had an ABN etc and breeding setup you could insure them as business stock/equipment?! In not so sure I believe that one though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back