New to forum and baby python! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newsnakelover

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well i am currently new to this forum and also new to snakes.
Nice to meet you all my name is Mitchell, I'm 17 from Melbourne, Victoria
I purchased my first ever snake about a week ago and would just like to show the precious little girl off :)

IMG_0571.jpgIMG_0572.jpg

Nice to meet everyone on this forum and I will share the journey of me and my baby! :)

Hi and welcome, this forum is great, loads of info and nice people.
Nice spotted, looks young, how old is she?

Welcome!

:)

Nice spotted - that rat looks huge compared to her!

Where did she come from?

welcome :)
lovely little ant there that a childrens python?
thanks for sharing :)

Hello and welcome :)
It is a very cute Spotted Python indeed :)

There is a difference between Spotted's and Children's however they are both in the same group - Antaresia.

i was told it was a children's python, but its not?

she's a cutie, 3 months old.

She aint no childrens python, definatly a spotted but if it was sold to u as a childrens then u will still have to write that in the books.

And yes she is a little cutie :)

On closer look it does look a little like a childrens but its hard to tell with this one, do u have a better photo in some light? or a closer shot of the head?

Last edited:
yes was sold to me as a childrens, so leave it as that in the book? and she's adorable for my first one, just need a bit of advice on some stuff if someone wants to private message me :D

yes was sold to me as a childrens, so leave it as that in the book? and she's adorable for my first one, just need a bit of advice on some stuff if someone wants to private message me :D

Yep leave it as that. Ill pm u if u'd like but ur quite welcome to ask for advice on here anytime (even if its a dumb question lol), after all thats what the forum is for :)

okay i'll ask on here so everyone can give opinions, i currently have a enclosure setup with thermostat, heat globes, and the rest, i currently keeping the python in a click clack in the enclosure, but am not sure if i should or if i should buy a heat mat? or if i should just let her in the enclosure to herself

Alrighty, for starters how big is the enclosure? are u using the heat globes to heat half the click clack? what temps are u getting in the click clack? if it were me id see how she will go having the enclosure to herself (using a heatmat), thats what i did with my spotted when she was that old and i had no problems. Tho every individual is different.

im just worried apparently people said it'll escape through the glass? i haven't check click clack what can i buy to check it?

Is there any gaps in the glass at all? if theres no gaps and can be fully closed ur snake wont be able to escape through there unless it was accidently left open but they are rather small pythons and can squeeze in any size hole, check ur enclosure thouroughly for any size gaps and be sure to cover any that u may find (if any).
To check temps in the click clack ur gonna need a thermometer or a temp gun, do u have a thermostat? i would suggest buy a heat mat, much easier then globes imo.

its just the two sliding glass doors theres like a 1-2mm gap. so the glass dont rub when opening

Pic didnt work, u need to go advanced. Yes u will need light cages to prevent injury to the snake.

easiest place for hatchies to escape enclosures is between glass sliding doors, best way to prevent it is to get some thin sticky back foam from clark rubber or a hardware store and stick it on one of the sliding doors so when it is shut it seals the gap between them. snakes need to be able to get out of the heat so if your click clack is inside your enclosure fair chance that the temp inside the click clack is the same everywhere inside it, it may be better to let it into the enclosure where it has a warm end and a cool end, my very first snake when i was a kid was a hatchie childrens python and i put her straight into a 3 foot enclosure and she did fine just make sure to provide plenty of hides at both ends and some branches for it to be able to get off the ground and poke around........welcome to the world of reptiles but i feel i have to warn you it is an addictive hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back