leucistic X leucistic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
What happens if you breed a leucistic animal with another leucistic animal, does it create something even better, do they die at birth? or does it just mean you get 100% leucistics?

im curious,....

normally leucistic animlas don't survive. They either die in the egg or die almost directly after birth. It's sad really :( I have never seen a pair of adult leucistic animals but I would love to!!!

ahh, i have heard that alot of leucistics dont survive, but i know of some that have,....

I thought all leucistics had blue eyes? They are freaky-cool looking dudes though :p

oh, i thought all leucistics had blue eyes,.......

but if theres such a thing as a super form, that must mean that leucistic X leucistic must work,...?

- - - Updated - - -

haha, sharky beat me! :p

Told you I may be wrong, I'm into reptiles who's genetics are screwey for lack of a better term.

Leucistic is the super (homozygous) form. So, like with albinos, you would get all leucies. In carpets, leucy also equals dead though so you're out of luck if that's what you were thinking about.
In Ball Pythons, you get leucistic from a couple of different crosses so blue or black eyes depend on what the parents were but they are still homozygous from my understanding

Last edited:
thats ok, i havent found much info on leusicm so im happy for anything anyone can share.
Screwy genetics, lol,...!! :p

- - - Updated - - -

nope, not carpets.

awesome, so leucistic X leucistic babies do survive

Thanks Sax!!

By "screwy" I mean the genus of geckos I work with(Rhacodactylus) don't have any recessive,dominant, or co-dominant etc. morphs.

You can always breed a Leucistic x Het Leucistic... Or Het Leucistic x Het Leucistic

url

I rekon out of all morphs they take my heart the most.. The balls survive to adult hood

oooohlala,...gorgeous snake that is!!!

so is the body of a true leucistic always white?

or would pink with blue eyes also be considered leucistic?

Hatchies are pink and they go whiter with every shed...kind of like an albino darwin...

great link,...i guess that means leucistic animals are white then!! :p

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back