samsung galaxy s2 and s3

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really like the Holden vs Ford. Except Samsung is like Great Wall and Apple is like Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way how good is Tesla!? I'd love one. Except cant afford the $250k price tag for an electric car even if it does do 0-100kmph in 3.5 seconds :)
The Electric Tesla Roadster | Tesla Motors

Last edited by a moderator:
My iphone is on it's death bed :p 1 speaker doesn't work, the back is cracked, The charging dock barely works, the ear phone plug is faulty and the home button has to be squashed to make it work.....but hey! The screen isn't cracked ;)
(This just proves how much I like technology....I only use it to take pictures and to contact people)

My dad has an iPhone 5, way better than the S3 by a mile!!!!

As someone who used to work in telcoms....this is a tough question. The Galaxy S 2 is good, but if you can go for an S3 for about the same price...DO IT. The battery life is much improved than the Galaxy 2, still boasts a beautiful AMOLED screen but it's BIGGER (how do you people with tiny phones SEE things?)
Also, quad core processor? Hellooooo?

Apple Lackeys - he's askin about Samsung VS Samsung! Going from Android technology to Apple technology is very difficult (much like you guys find going the other way difficult). Apple is more mainstreamed and you can't do much with it, Android boasts customisability which, if you're used to it, is difficult to do without. (Also, did anyone mention "back" and "options" buttons? Bliss!)
I've owned iPhones, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, and now the Galaxy S3. Hands down, I would never go back to Apple.

My only advice - no matter which you choose if you want battery life do NOT get a 4G model!

Forgot to add - I had TWO Galaxy S2's that I dropped and broke within TWENTY FOUR HOURS of purchasing (still in contract for them too :()
But my GalaxyS3 (which I dropped in the shop within minutes of purchase and at least once a week since) is still going strong. Phones with square corners are more susceptible to impact fractures (S3 is more rounded).

Last edited:
I broke the screen of my s3 with my keys in my pocket when I sat down. Thighs of steel here ladies :) This has never happened with any iPhones I owned.
It must come down to personal preference though. And price is a massive factor. Not everyone can afford to deck their house out in Bose and apple. If you use windows then galaxy is a more basic phone for your needs often.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people want to believe that their decision is the only right one. But let's face it, they are just phones and both do the same things in slightly different ways. I can understand why someone would love Samsung and also understand why someone would love apple. People have different tastes and needs. No need to take what someone else thinks is best personally.

As I said before.. Not a fan of apple products- phones or computers. The picture quality and camera is great on the iphone an i like the look of it, but that is where it ends for me :) I hate how iphone you have to use itunes and apple dedicated products. Compatability an personal preference, i want to stick with android

:)

I think i have made my choice... Looking for the est place to buy a S3 after work :) thanks for all your feedback guys :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh.. And I have no interest in getting it with a contract- it certainly doesnt end up 'free'- i barely make calls and dont use even $30/month..so i am not paying 60+++ per month for a plan

Try getting it online - Kogan are selling them for 400 or so!
I stand corrected - 499 for a 16GB. Still - not bad! And they sell them in black and red.

Last edited:
Provided they hav a black one in stock, i think i will get it from officeworks. My concern with electronics from an online store is getting it back to them, and the time wasted if something goes wrong. Officeworks have always been great to me so even though it costs more i'd rather stick local and support them :) thanks though

If something was wrong with it wouldn't you just take it to the Samsung store? Oh wait no such thing :) I was thinking apple store.

Waiting for my toy to charge- got the s3 :)

- - - Updated - - -

You know. After all that, I cant even use the phone yet- it needs a micro sim card, and I dont HAVE a micro sim card- I have the standard one. so need to get a new one :(

Waiting for my toy to charge- got the s3 :)

- - - Updated - - -

You know. After all that, I cant even use the phone yet- it needs a micro sim card, and I dont HAVE a micro sim card- I have the standard one. so need to get a new one :(

There are videos on how to cut your reg sim to fit the micro slot on YouTube.

Oh, if you are going to resell it, I'd suggest unlocking it. Simple and easy, and you will get more $ outta the phone :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

There are videos on how to cut your reg sim to fit the micro slot on YouTube.

Oh, if you are going to resell it, I'd suggest unlocking it. Simple and easy, and you will get more $ outta the phone :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not cut your sim card down. Go get a sim card replacement. Cutting your sim card down (even if it seems like it won't affect the chip) DOES. Take it from the person who had to work behind the counter doing 50million sim replacements for people who cut their sims...

Sim replacement = free
Sim card cutter + postage and handling time = 7 dollars.

Seriously? There is debate over this? Just head into your service provided and say you need a replacement to micro sim. It will not always wreck your sim card, but save yourself some time and money on the off chance that it does.

Turns out if i got a new sim it would have been $30, but they cut my sim with a hole punch type thing. This was at the proper telstra store. Phone works

Turns out if i got a new sim it would have been $30, but they cut my sim with a hole punch type thing. This was at the proper telstra store. Phone works

I would have told them to get stuffed! Charging for a sim card is something my old boss used to try to make us do to revenue raise. Legally they can provide you with a replacement sim card for free, and should. Franchises...ugh.

I would have told them to get stuffed! Charging for a sim card is something my old boss used to try to make us do to revenue raise. Legally they can provide you with a replacement sim card for free, and should. Franchises...ugh.

:eek: so they used a cutter like I linked oh dear that's so unprofessional and dangerous -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back