Kimberley in the dry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pon62

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, am planning a trip along the Gibb River road in June/July. Was wondering what herps may be around at this time? I'm guessing it will be too cold at night for much nocturnal action (herp action that is!!) but maybe plenty around during the daytime, especially morning. I was up there in 2011 at the start of the dry in may and the place was crawling with all sorts of cool stuff. Anyone been up there in the middle of the dry?

Still stuff around, it's just harder to find and much less variety/ low numbers. May's great, but Jan/ Feb is even better:)!

Cane Toads in Wyndham already I've heard:(. Not sure if they're across Cambridge Gulf as yet?

Toads were already around Emma Gorge in May last year so they've probably got a bit further now. I was with the Aus Geo expedition up there in 2011 and they are studying the effect of the toads up there over the next few years. It will be devastating.

The toads are everywhere at Wyndham and Kununurra. Didn't get any out at Halls Creek though. Will be interesting to see how far into the Kimberley they will penetrate.

Toads were already around Emma Gorge in May last year so they've probably got a bit further now. I was with the Aus Geo expedition up there in 2011 and they are studying the effect of the toads up there over the next few years. It will be devastating.

that's really sad:(! Get up to the Mitchell Plateau if you can, before the Toads get there. "Drysdale River"'s good too and my ex's country King George Falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back