Greetings from a UK keeper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plissken

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm an English keeper returning to the herp scene after a LONG absence. I used to keep African and Asian Pythons back in the late 80's/early 90's. It's been over 20 years since I sold my collection but I have the bug again. Wow, how things have moved on! Anyway, when I reluctantly sold my collection all those years ago I always said that if ever I got back into it I would get a Red Tail Boa. I'd never had one and had always admired their beauty. So off I set recently to find a nice juvenile boa constrictor constrictor.. and wound up buying a 10 year old female Bredli Python hahaha. This will be my first Australian Python so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you good folk. Thanks in advance.

Welcome mate. Good to hear you are getting back into it and great choice to start off with.

Chers mate. I must admit I'm really looking forward to getting to know this species.

hello and welcom red tailed boas are cooly cool!
be sure to take some piccies :)

Cheers Nilesh. Should be picking up the Bredli tommorow or the day after. Will def. take some pictures. She's a stunner!

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I love RTBs and bredlis!!!! Where are the pics? Welcome and glad to hear your getting back into the hobby :D

Cheers Sharky. Cant pick her up until tomorrow now but will get some pics up over the weekend. Digging your sig, couldnt agree more! You remember a Aussie band from back in the day called Kings of the Sun? Just been listening to Serpentine..KILLER track.

Welcome to the forum mate nice to have you aboard. I just love Carpets, so much personality and beautiful markings to boot. Be nice to hopefully see another face on here at 4.00am Australian time.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Welcome to the forum mate nice to have you aboard. I just love Carpets, so much personality and beautiful markings to boot. Be nice to hopefully see another face on here at 4.00am Australian time.

Kindest regards

Endeavour
It would be nice to see someone else on here that early besides you. ;) Welcome to the forum by he way.

Regards, Patrick

It would be nice to see someone else on here that early besides you. ;) Welcome to the forum by he way.

Regards, Patrick

I have a day off next week maybe I should wear a sandwich board advertising AP&S and try and drum up some more members from the UK, there's an idea:)

Kindest regards

Endeavour

bahahahahaha, that would be funny :lol:

..You remember a Aussie band from back in the day called Kings of the Sun? Just been listening to Serpentine..KILLER track.

Haha.. Sorry Sharky. Of course you dont remember. I only just noticed your age. Faceplant!
Still a great tune though and a definate contender for a Aussie Snakes forum theme tune.

Endeavour, Patrick thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to know I wont be rattling round here on my own! Although I have to be honest, I keep pretty odd hours myself.

The enclosure is now warming up and I'm picking the Bredl up tomorrow morning. Can hardly wait. Assuming I'm not snowed in!

Bet you cannot wait I never loose that sense of excitement when I go to pick up something new, akin to what a youngster feels when going to buy a Playstation I would imagine. I will keep my fingers crossed for you as snow has been forecast over quite a bit of the country.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Bet you cannot wait I never loose that sense of excitement when I go to pick up something new, akin to what a youngster feels when going to buy a Playstation I would imagine. I will keep my fingers crossed for you as snow has been forecast over quite a bit of the country.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Luckily for me, the snow is coming in from the other side of the country and not predicted to hit me until 3pm. Gives me plenty of time. Fingers crossed.

Although its only a ten minute car journey, considering the positively Baltic temps right now in the uk do you guys think its wise to have a hot water bottle and blanket in the box that I transport her in (she'll be tied in a duvet cover)?

Yeah I'm exited. I keep going in to the enclosure (yeah, it's a walk-in :D) and fiddling with stuff getting it just right. Although another pay-day is needed to get it perfect .;)

Welcome from an X Pat living the dream in OZ...No snow here but its 40+ degs lol.duno whats worse...i miss the snow!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily for me, the snow is coming in from the other side of the country and not predicted to hit me until 3pm. Gives me plenty of time. Fingers crossed.

Although its only a ten minute car journey, considering the positively Baltic temps right now in the uk do you guys think its wise to have a hot water bottle and blanket in the box that I transport her in (she'll be tied in a duvet cover)?

Yeah I'm exited. I keep going in to the enclosure (yeah, it's a walk-in :D) and fiddling with stuff getting it just right. Although another pay-day is needed to get it perfect .;)
What part of the UK is giving u such great weather?

Welcome from an X Pat living the dream in OZ...No snow here but its 40+ degs lol.duno whats worse...i miss the snow!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

What part of the UK is giving u such great weather?

East mids. Snow will cover whole of uk tomorrow though. Gonna be horrendous in Wales and south-west. Now.. wheres that yellow brick road? I want to go to OZ!

Just stay clear of melbourne lol! Hot with bush fires this morning and looking like rain and storms this arvo (good for the fires tho)! Probably cop some snow tonight and back to blistering heat in the morning haha gotta love it.

East mids. Snow will cover whole of uk tomorrow though. Gonna be horrendous in Wales and south-west. Now.. wheres that yellow brick road? I want to go to OZ!
Yah ...Northampton for 36 yrs ..must of been fairly close then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back