Keeping Jungles in the same enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt196

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I can only assume the consensus is that it's a bad idea!

My question is I have a male and a female jungle both ~2yo (one a little over ~3.5ft one ~5ft) Both currently in their separate enclosures, Would I be able to keep them both in the same enclosure?

The enclosure in question
IMAG0062.jpg

With that kind of size difference you really are tempting fate, but each to their own...

Is there a reason why you would want them in the same enclosure?

in answer to your question, I wouldn't risk it. you could never have an issue and prove me wrong or you could come in one day and find one or both pythons dead which after following a few threads happens more often than not.

Breeding is a different story of course.

No reason other then the enclosure is bigger, And as stupid as it sounds I feel like my girl is missing out.. When I bought the enclosure etc I had every intention of keeping them both in there but I just can't bring myself to do it.. Thats why I figured I would make a thread to see others experiences/opinions!

(also my apologies I did search the forum before making this thread but apparently I fail at using the search feature)

Of course you can do it. Chances are you won't have any problems, but there is always that small risk.

it wouldnt be that hard to put a divider in that tank and if your using bulbs just fit in a ceramic light addapter in there and then you could have both your snakes in that tank with no risk's ?

Mate there's no problem at all in having them in the same enclosure, expecially if they are male and female and its a nice large enclosure. If they are two males its not advisable as they will start combatting in the breeding season. Just make sure at feeding time they are seperated as it will definately cause problems if they are not. Best to leave them seperated after feeding for a while as well just to make sure the feeding responce has switched off, you know how they are when hungry and switched on they can strike at the slightest movement and if thats the other snake youv'e got an issue on your hands. Otherwise all good no problems.

I got my boy out and fed him in a plastic tub with no troubles!

I got my girl out (she is use to being fed in her enclosure) and she wouldn't take the rat (also my first time trying her with a rat..breeder said she had troubles giving her rats) but point is she wouldn't take the rat so I moved her back to her enclosure and again wouldn't take it.. left it in front of her hid (where she went) and checked 5 minutes later and it was gone! Not sure if it was the rat or the tub she wasn't a fan of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back