Our Lace Monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris

We just picked up 2 new juvenile Lace Monitors from Reptile City to go in a new enclosure I built. We already have an adult female, I'm hoping one of these is a male. They have so much character, one is quite happy to crawl up on to my arm already. Both ate a velvet mouse almost immediately.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0272-1.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Here's the aviary that our female is currently in.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg

Amazing Chris the background payed off, have the fumes gone away?

They have an interesting pattern, usually the bells phase look that they have on the tail continues through the whole body.

Good work!

All the enclosures look fantastic! Nice Lacey's too. You must be very pleased.

Awesome mate nice one. How big are the juvies?

Thanks, they're about 150mm SVL.

Amazing Chris the background payed off, have the fumes gone away?

They have an interesting pattern, usually the bells phase look that they have on the tail continues through the whole body.

Good work!

Yeah pretty happy with the enclosure actually, works well. They're not Bells, just normal Lace Monitors.

All the enclosures look fantastic! Nice Lacey's too. You must be very pleased.

Cheers :)

Absolutely stunning work, nice enclosures. But is the females enclosure going to be big enough for when she's full grown?

How did you do the back wall in the indoor enclosure?

Absolutely stunning work, nice enclosures. But is the females enclosure going to be big enough for when she's full grown?

Thanks Matthew. She's not far from full grown now, she's a little of 4' long, about 400mm SVL. The aviary will suit her & a male as adults.

- - - Updated - - -

Fingers crossed!
your wall and outdoor enclosure are awesome!!!

Thanks Luke, everything's crossed :)

good work mate, now you have saved me the heartache of looking at those lacies everytime i go into reptile city and wishing i had the space for them :) i swear jas and michael thought i was a full on window licker the amount of time i would stand and watch those little guys, hahaha

good work mate, now you have saved me the heartache of looking at those lacies everytime i go into reptile city and wishing i had the space for them :) i swear jas and michael thought i was a full on window licker the amount of time i would stand and watch those little guys, hahaha

Cheers Greg, I'm sure you weren't the only one, I've been tossing it up for a while now :)

Wow, thank you very much for showing off these amazing lizards, one day I will own them, until then, I will get as much experience as I can with monitors.(Would have some ackies and others at the moment but mum has said... NO to more reptiles, so will be looking forward to leaving home then :))
Very jealous.

I envy those who can keep out door enclosures....damn you cold Adelaide Hills!!!!

Back on topic: Chri5 those are some stunning little lacies and an amzing enclosure! They must be very happy to be living in there :D Love the rock wall as well :) Your lacies are spoilt haha

actually thats gonna mean there is still 1 bells phase left at reptile city..........now it will be even harder when i go in and see it knowing it's the last 1 :-(

Very nice. That outdoor enclosure looks great. Do you have more pictures posted anywhere?

Great set ups and stunning Lacie Chris:)! Sounds like you may have a male already...as you know, boldness is a good sign (fingers crossed for you). Well done mate!!

I envy those who can keep out door enclosures....damn you cold Adelaide Hills!!!!

No reason why you can't have outdoor enclosures up in the hills :)

actually thats gonna mean there is still 1 bells phase left at reptile city..........now it will be even harder when i go in and see it knowing it's the last 1 :-(

Yeah there is... you better get in quick :)

Very nice. That outdoor enclosure looks great. Do you have more pictures posted anywhere?

Thanks, I don't have any other photos of it though.

Great set ups and stunning Lacie Chris:)! Sounds like you may have a male already...as you know, boldness is a good sign (fingers crossed for you). Well done mate!!

Yeah I was thinking that Richard, 'he's' very bold, no fear at all & he happily kicks the other one off the basking spot if he wants it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back