Self Injecting of Snake venom.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baker

Reaction score
Before I continue with this post I in no way shape or form encourage or suggest that this be trailed by anybody, this is an incredibly stupid thing to do especially with no access to the appropriate anti venoms. It is highly dangerous and can go wrong so easily. I also have never thought about ever attempting this behaviour at all as it is far to dangerous.

[video=youtube;8q_m-rDUNw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_m-rDUNw0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

With that out of the way I have just finished watching this video and it has gotten me thinking that if this was experimented on using proper scientific methods and in controlled conditions it could benefit millions of people. It is very thought evoking what could be discovered if more companies started to study the affects of snake venoms on the body and how the different proteins could be used to help us
What is everyone else's view on this? And yes as I stated this in an extremely dangerous and stupid thing to do to your own body.
Cheers Cameron

There may well be benefits of snake venom that are yet to be discovered but an individual dodging traffic on a skateboard is not the best of advocates. For me the whole way this guy presents himself does little to provoke intelligent discussion on the topic.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

"i don't have a medical background" and "i don't have a proper American highschool education"

sums up how valid his points are. Yes perhaps isolated proteins may be usable in some circumstances, like the guy in South America using black widow venom as a spermicide, but here you have someone who has basically no idea on chemistry, biology, nor any biochemical reaction in his body in relation to venom injection. Kind of like a child playing with fire.

WOW,this guy is something different for sure. That bite he had on his leg was what happened to my finger when I got bitten by a spider. He is certainly well educated on his snakes, and he takes amazing care for them. Do I think injecting venom into yourself is an intelligent thing to do when you don't have the right training to do so, probably not, is he the first to experiment with himself on things that are considered dangerous? No he isn't. He seems to have a legitimite reason to be exploring this. I DON'T CONDONE HIS BEHAVIOUR in any way shape or form, but he's not hurting any one, and he's clearly studying the various venoms and their reactions. I have attached another article (not related to snakes) but Tarantulas. Australia is beginning research into Funnel Webs and Tarantula venom to help fight breast cancer (Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun). I think a majority of people are aware of the dangers with these venoms, they have always looked at the negetives associated with snakes and their venom. I think it's a positive thing that he's looking at what good can come out of a snakes venom. I think it's an extremely well documented and very thought provoking clip. Thank you for sharing Cameron. It has given me a lot of thoughts. He might benefit from maybe looking into a Biology degree, or BioMed Science. I think before we start running him down though, we need to also look at people throughout history that have experimented throughout time and have given us Penicillin (alexander Flemming), pasteurization,vaccination for anthrax and rabies (Louis Pasteur), pioneered methods for storing blood plasma for transfusion (Charles Drew) all these people experimented and look at things others wouldn't and this is exactly what this guy is doing. Thanks for the share!!!

"I don't even have a proper American High School Education"

I was shocked when I heard this

(Sarcasm)

Last edited:
Firstly..... Why????? Silly silly boy... He's obviously shot some undiluted venom from a taipan directly into his brain... Leave this kind of scientific study to the people in the white labcoats... " I saw him do it and it didn't kill him, so I thought, hey, I can do this"... Glad he didn't spend too much time watching wily coyote strap a rocket to his back and trying to fly..... His hands were shaking throughout the entire video, that's cos he's pumped full of natures most powerful toxins...

I think he may have some valid points in regard to certain chemicals being able to reduce cancers etc, but these are studies already being done by far more intelligent people than him... They are isolating certain chemicals within the venom to trial, not just injecting breast cancer patients with straight cobra venom....

He watched Spider-Man once too often, spidey gets bitten by a spider and inherits special powers, doesn't work like that brother..... Rant over!!!!

Well as stupid as he appears to be, he is still alive. His comments regarding research are true. He has some very valid points to make. He is as mad as a cut snake tho, pardon the pun.

Wow. I feel like I've got dumber from just watching that guy, he has so many issues.
I would liken him to a junkie or a cutter. He spends the whole video trying to justify what he does through anecdotal evidence. There is no scientific method to his process, and no evidence to back up his claim.

It blows my mind what people do to make themselves feel important.

i cant express my feelings adequately on this forrum without multiple infractions...............i thought he was stoopid, then he started talking about how he was testing his sporting abilities. cough cough...on a skateboard......i need to find a dark corner and stab myself in the eyes

wooooooowww, and then he starts boxing like a girl

Last edited:
I recently found out that to make anti venom for snake bites they inject draught horses with small amounts of snake venom & slowly increase the amount of venom over time, then they take blood from the horse and separate the plasma (which holds the antibodies) and that's the anti venom.
So I guess this guy is just cutting out the middle man.. or horse! LOL
I sure as hell wouldn't do it!

i cant express my feelings adequately on this forrum without multiple infractions...............i thought he was stoopid, then he started talking about how he was testing his sporting abilities. cough cough...on a skateboard......i need to find a dark corner and stab myself in the eyes

wooooooowww, and then he starts boxing like a girl

I don't know about the injecting venom thing but if you believe it doesn;t take ability to skate you have obviously never done it in any serious capacity if at all. I have had a few friends that were sponsored skaters back in the day and it is definitely not an easy sport.

I don't know about the injecting venom thing but if you believe it doesn;t take ability to skate you have obviously never done it in any serious capacity if at all. I have had a few friends that were sponsored skaters back in the day and it is definitely not an easy sport.

i know it takes ability to skate, he showed none

I think if he wants to be taken seriously and claim scientific study as his reason for doing it, he may want to mention what he has observed, take notes, come up with a complete & structured thesis on the effects of toxins by injection of various venom... Also, how many ppm is he injecting, is he upping the dose, what effect is it having regarding symptoms etc... Does he require a higher dose to get symptoms after 20 years of doing this, has he truly built an immunity or a tolerance to low level exposure and couple that with medical reports on his health, kidney and liver function etc....Instead, he is shooting himself full of a venom cocktail, and skateboarding to the gym, and making comments which are befitting of a "stoner"....

There is so many things wrong with this video it is hard to know where to start. Firstly, the study of snake venom and it possible benefits is not a new thing. There have been numerous studies.

Snake Venom May Slow Cancer Growth, Studies Hint
Toxic snake venom to fight human disease – VCU News Center
The Reptiles: Snakes - Venomous Cures | Nature | PBS

Plus stacks more. Compounds in certain venoms can possibly kill cancer, prevent cardiovascular disease and stroke, etc. But they way he is going about it has no scientific benefit for the wider community. There is absolutely no scientic process at all to what he is doing. He just sounds like a junkie justifing his own existance. The I injected myself with venom and then can skate better and box better are pretty hilarious to watch but have no meaning.

Also the snake venom curing polio is bs. It reminds me of the "miracles" the left wing christians perform on tv. "I saw it on a video, so it must be true", just doesn't cut it with normal people.

The Bear Grylls part made me laugh. And you can see he really cares for his reptiles. Their enclosures looked immaculate.

One other thing, and someone might like to correct me if I am wrong, as far as I know Christopher Columbus never went searching for the fountain of youth. In his first journey he discover america looking for india. His second voyage was to colonise as much as he could and try discover land past japan and china. On the second voyage it was one if the men (I can't remember his name) that sailed with Columbus, who stayed in america to search for the fountain of youth. But then American or spanish history is not my strong point and I would expect an American to know more about their own history than me.

One other thing, and someone might like to correct me if I am wrong, as far as I know Christopher Columbus never went searching for the fountain of youth. In his first journey he discover america looking for india. His second voyage was to colonise as much as he could and try discover land past japan and china. On the second voyage it was one if the men (I can't remember his name) that sailed with Columbus, who stayed in america to search for the fountain of youth. But then American or spanish history is not my strong point and I would expect an American to know more about their own history than me.

The man was Juan Ponce de Leon, though I think his search for the Fountain of Youth is more of a legend than actual fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back