i dont get it ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathy1986

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
last winter i was being preached to by some tree hugging hippies telling me i shouldn't eat meat,
when i noticed she was wearing real LEATHER ugg boots, i was like ok "SO YOU WONT KILL AN ANIMAL TO SUSTAIN YOUR LIFE? BUT.... YOU WILL KILL AN ANIMAL FOR YOUR VANITY?"
Her reply was "WELL I'M NOT VEGAN!" bahhahahahaha i could not stop laughing the rest of the day.

WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THESE TOPICS

My thoughts: the world is full of hypocrites. People will only change their lifestyle as much as suits them then they will preach about how much they are doing for the world

Lol I cut em off before they can open thier mouth...
These way I don't get angry and rude.

Yeah... I've had a teenager berate me for rabbit shooting ("That's DISGUSTING!") while eating a pluto pop in NZ. I asked her if her sausage was tasty...
Kids these days. Meat grows in packets on the supermarket shelves, don't you know? :facepalm:
Real vegetarians/vegans - I don't care. They can do what they like: Bedroom or kitchen it's no business of mine what they put in their mouths. Everyone's guilty of hypocrisy from time to time, but blatant, deliberate hypocrisy? Nah. I have no time for that.

People are stupid. People will always be stupid. Let them preach because they will no matter what you say. All you can do is ignore them.

I get this allot when people find out I have snakes, "Ohh but they're so awful! They eat little mice!" I have to carefully remind them that their precious Fluffy the cat goes out of a night a kills little mice, possums, birds and anything else... FOR FUN! Not to mention most of our pets are carnivorous, what difference does it make if the animal is whole or in a can. It's still an animal.

Yeah... I've had a teenager berate me for rabbit shooting ("That's DISGUSTING!") while eating a pluto pop in NZ. I asked her if her sausage was tasty...
Kids these days. Meat grows in packets on the supermarket shelves, don't you know? :facepalm:
Real vegetarians/vegans - I don't care. They can do what they like: Bedroom or kitchen it's no business of mine what they put in their mouths. Everyone's guilty of hypocrisy from time to time, but blatant, deliberate hypocrisy? Nah. I have no time for that.

just curious is there rabbit meat in pluto pups?!

just curious is there rabbit meat in pluto pups?!

Most likely. Along with lips, hooves, and miscellaneous squeezings. Possibly also some form of plastic or plaster...
Also - we call them 'hot dogs' in NZ, but I amended that so that you Aussies would know what I was talking about :p

Most likely. Along with lips, hooves, and miscellaneous squeezings. Possibly also some form of plastic or plaster...
Also - we call them 'hot dogs' in NZ, but I amended that so that you Aussies would know what I was talking about :p

gross lol i used to eat them when i went to carnivals..

gross lol i used to eat them when i went to carnivals..

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just rabbit. Rabbit's pretty damn tasty when it's cooked right. It's better for you than most of the fatty crud on the supermarket shelves, too.

Croc meat is like bubble gum chicken :) one of my fav's with sweet chilli :D hmmm... going to find some croc meat for tea...

I'm not much of a fan of kangaroo - it's too rich for me. Venison though - roast that sucker up! Yummmmmm!!

Stupid people are stupid. I was vegetarian and then vegan from about the age of five, after having the beejeezus scared out of me on a school excursion to a butcher. Then when i was about 15 i was forced back to eating meat when i became an air force caderpt and we did survival courses for weeks at a time and all we cou,d eat was what we coukd catch
However i dont really like meat, i would happily continue as a vegetarian.

My concern is sustainability and ethics. We do need to control things like what we take from the ocean. Its scary how fast we are wiping out fish species or pushingnthem to the brink of extiction. And some things like halal culling and how we raise some animals for delicacies make me sick. I find it unacceptable to make an animal suffer more than needed for our pleaser. Like that foi gra stuff, have you ever seen how thats made?

Stupid people are stupid. I was vegetarian and then vegan from about the age of five, after having the beejeezus scared out of me on a school excursion to a butcher. Then when i was about 15 i was forced back to eating meat when i became an air force caderpt and we did survival courses for weeks at a time and all we cou,d eat was what we coukd catch

My concern is sustainability and ethics. We do need to control things like what we take from the ocean. Its scary how fast we are wiping out fish species or pushingnthem to the brink of extiction. And some things like halal culling and how we raise some animals for delicacies make me sick. I find it unacceptable to make an animal suffer more than needed for our pleaser. Like that foi gra stuff, have you ever seen how thats made?

Don't worry I am here to protect all marine creatures, purely because I really, really, really hate seafood... :D

Maybe we should release all the cows into the wild and see how long they last as a species? You know so they don't suffer and all.

i took a trip into melbourne one year to show the kids the christmas windows, anyway the theme was a pig from some kids show.There were tree huggin hippies there protesting for animal rights of pigs and the tiny quarters they keep the breeding sows in and i couldnt help myself ut go up to them and listen to their story and once done i said " well how the hell do you think they are gunna get so many pigs into one shed without making the pens small??? And the more babies they have the less i pay for roast pork and bacon so i'm fine with that!!!!" didnt they look like they had been hit in the face with a cold fish......

- - - Updated - - -

never heard of a pluto pop that must be a SA thing......

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should release all the cows into the wild and see how long they last as a species? You know so they don't suffer and all.
plenty of cows running around wild up north mate, they would survive fine.

Big bang you may know pluto pups as dagwood dogs. Cattle would survive fine but they may upset the feral horses.

I got an email from one of the leftie groups at Monash uni asking me to sign a petition to stop "poachers" shooting non native animals in national parks. I sent a very polite email back asking what other viable alternatives they suggested to deal with feral animals, who devastate our native animal populations. I never got a reply and the next week they held a sausage sizzle which I wasn't invited to. :(

never heard of a pluto pop that must be a SA thing.......[/QUOTE]

Different places Pluto pop, pluto pup, battered sav, dagwood dogs - all in all just some random offcuts of meats painted read and dipped in batter with a stick up the guts of it - always a super idea to eat when you are drunk....tastes better on the way down than up.....

- - - Updated - - -

Big bang you may know pluto pups as dagwood dogs. Cattle would survive fine but they may upset the feral horses.

I got an email from one of the leftie groups at Monash uni asking me to sign a petition to stop "poachers" shooting non native animals in national parks. I sent a very polite email back asking what other viable alternatives they suggested to deal with feral animals, who devastate our native animal populations. I never got a reply and the next week they held a sausage sizzle which I wasn't invited to. :(

were they tofu sausages?? :p

Battered sav?
Dagwood dog?

- - - Updated - - -

My girls thought that were donut dogs.... at the show......
I eat most my meat rare to med rare depending on the cuts....
People will happily eat eggs, veges & fruit which were all living things but have a problem with 'farming' animals.....isnt that the same thing as vegetables

The suffering of the animals during a halal kill is no different to the Western kill..The difference with a Halal kill is the animal to be killed is not allowed to see the previous animal being killed, also it is bled to death which usually takes a bit longer.
i personally think it must be terrible to be next in line after watching your travelling companion gets the bullet as you would in a western slaughterhouse.
Ive worked in a few abbatoirs and kosher and halal kills are the first to happen in the morning and the priest blesses each animal, for what it's worth, before the killl and the slaughterman of either religion seems to have a genuine interest in the the well being of the animal..
in the mainstream, western kill the slaughtermen...are often less..considerate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back