Humid nights.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanzey

Reaction score
I went back to the same general area as last night, but on different tracks. Much better results tonight than last night. Well in the snake department. Seen at least 6 species but unfortunately some were roadkill. I decided to skip the keelbacks this time... over 120 in two nights.. too many haha

Start off with a nice water python that was on the edge of the road.

DSCF1412.jpg

DSCF1404.jpg

Then came up to a roadkill Common Tree Snake (Not the only one of the night)

DSCF1422.jpg

Plenty of slugs out tonight aswell.

DSCF1427.jpg

Some more frogs, same species as last night.

DSCF1489.jpg

DSCF1488.jpg

DSCF1459.jpg

DSCF1423.jpg

DSCF1478.jpg

Nearly stood on this little Eastern Brown, but I think he may have been stood on already :( A cow I'm assuming, he was alive, but just barely.

DSCF1435.jpg

DSCF1432.jpg

Brown backed honey eater? These birds are content on sitting still, one did the same thing a few months ago, just sat there.

DSCF1430.jpg

Cute little hatchy Water Python, people say they are aggressive, this is the first one to have a go at me, obviously because he's a baby.

DSCF1483.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg

And lastly, this big ol' grumpy coastal, didn't like me moving him off the road, but after seeing 4 other dead snakes on the road I didn't want to leave him there. Was such a gorgeous snake.

DSCF1467.jpg

DSCF1464.jpg

DSCF1471.jpg

Last edited:
Nice finds mate. That carpet python looks big. I'm guessing over 2.5 metres. Roughly how long was it?

Awesome pic's, thanks for sharing.
It is a shame seeing dead animals though, poor CTS, it's also a shame that it was not the only one of the night.
Also felt sorry for the EBS, he had a nice pattern on him

Thanks for the photos mate and that Coastal is AMAZING!

I'm looking forward to adding one to my collection one day.

Thanks for the photos mate and that Coastal is AMAZING!

I'm looking forward to adding one to my collection one day.

Cheers, it was quite funny actually, after I moved him off, he decided to climb a very thin dead melaleuca which then bent down to the ground and snapped. Then he went off into the bush

There seems to be a lot of 'dead' things being posted lately...it's making me sad :(

Beautiful pics! Love the water python :D

I need to go at least one more time before 2013! Probably Sunday, found another track with a few water holes...

Can't wait to see the pics!!!!! Oh, and have fun! :D

Actually ended up going tonight, plans that I had fell through, turns out it wasn't so great anyway. Found nothing I haven't already posted so I didn't bother with photos :|

Couple from tonight. I pulled a few ticks off the first BTS, wasn't the healthiest looking.

DSCF1511.jpg

DSCF1508.jpg

Burtons..

DSCF1514.jpg

Much better specimen.

DSCF1543.jpg

DSCF1537.jpg

Stunning Pics mate. BTS looks happy after you deticked him.

Very awesome pictures! The Water Pythons are just divine.. and that slug was really interesting. I don't suppose you know anything about them.. like what species it is?

Nah I wouldn't have a clue sorry. I'm sure somebody on here would though..? There was a fair few of them that I saw just cruising on the dirt road

Cheers :)

Headed out again the few nights ago

Wasn't as fruitful as others.

Water python
DSCF1619.jpg

DSCF1617.jpg

6ft Coastal, the picture makes him look bigger than he actually was.
DSCF1565.jpg

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1567.jpg

Cute bird couples ;)
DSCF1561.jpg

DSCF1610.jpg

DSCF1598.jpg

Great finds :) We're trying to come up with some decent spots to check out around the local area too (Townsville)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back