What's the chance these 2 coul d breed this year?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levold

Reaction score
Any chance? Lol or not worth trying till next year. 2yo male 8yo female. And I don't keep them together like this. Only for comparison.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
GRR tapatalk 2.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

*It has been noted That I DIDN'T follow quarantine while taking this picture* No need to keep bringing it up thanks... It was my 'spur-of-the-moment' mistake and I now know to avoid doing it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358927589782.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358927589782.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Theres a good chance that you could be left with just 1 this year.

i tried to put them within visual contact for supervised 'meetings' and the little guy seems curios. While the big girl just looks and slithers off. But there are still 5 months? to try get some weight/size on him before cooling?

Last edited:
Have you ever tried waving a stick in a cave? ;)

If you try and power feed him while cooling he probably won't digest the food properly, and if you don't cool him he most probably wont produce enough viable sperm. If I were you I would wait at least another year.

Have you ever tried waving a stick in a cave? ;)

If you try and power feed him while cooling he probably won't digest the food properly, and if you don't cool him he most probably wont produce enough viable sperm. If I were you I would wait at least another year.

Thats kind of what im leaning towards. Gives me time to build an incubator, clickclack rack etc. Time seems to go that fast nowadays anyway.

Good quality and thorough quarantine program you're running there. You might not even breed them when he is big enough, so this seasons chances, fairly slim.

Too smalll, dont even bother trying this comming season, take your time and grow the little guy over the next 12 months.
Be carefull putting him in with her, at this time of year the females are feeding to condition thier bodys and he will last all of a second
if she snaps :)

Good quality and thorough quarantine program you're running there. You might not even breed them when he is big enough, so this seasons chances, fairly slim.

Yep!!! and knowing where it come from it mite have some little live decorations on it!

Husbandry issues.....maybe we should all throw one of our 800 buck snakes in the lions den?

he is way to small and the risk of him being killed is very high with the size difference.

wait till next year or if you really wanna breed and have a friend with a mature male ask for a breeding loan.

Levold,

Hey brotha. Any reason you weren't able to find a suitable western male to go with her? Did you try Dave at Pilbara pythons?

D

He did Derek
I have been too crazy busy to answer PMs and e-mails lately. I am in the middle of a house sale and renovations.
Sorry Levold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back