Thermostat Failure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknife

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to find my Microclimate B1 thermostat had crapped out. No power output no nothing.
Odd thing is they are one of the best on the market, have a five year warranty but this is the second one I've had fail in the last twelve months.
They're covered by warranty so I had the previous one replaced and will be returning this one for replacement also.

Anyone else had any issues with Microclimate thermostats?

Actually you know what, i've had an issue with one of mine as well. I'm currently running some tests on it but i think its failing as well. Doesnt seem to keep the temps right and/or the power completely cuts out and nothing happens. Mines the microclimate b2 pulse proportional.

Open it up mate and you'll find a fuse in there. I think it's a ceramic fuse by memory so you will have to go to Rexel or Auslec for the right one. worth a try to see if that's u/s. If you have a multimeter just test remove the fuse and test it.

Sounds like the fuse is blown like Andrew said. Check this may void your warranty if you want to repair it.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I took it back to the shop I purchased it from today, and as it was the second one that failled(I think on both it was simple as the fuse blowing thinking about it though) and they replaced it with a Microclimate B1 ME, the separate day/night temp control dimmer one with the built in night eye, so pretty stoked coz I just basically got a free upgrade out of all this! :D

Not bad I'd be happy with that ha. Good luck with this one.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I took it back to the shop I purchased it from today, and as it was the second one that failled(I think on both it was simple as the fuse blowing thinking about it though) and they replaced it with a Microclimate B1 ME, the separate day/night temp control dimmer one with the built in night eye, so pretty stoked coz I just basically got a free upgrade out of all this! :D

Sounds like that is a good shop that values its customers. I have used Microclimate's for many years and only ever had one go faulty. The customer service over here is excellent and I find there thermostats very good quality and value. Out of interest what sort of price is a B1 over in Australia as I know Habistats are a lot more expensive.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I have had a four B1's with no output failures. The problem was from having no load caused by a blown heat globe, faulty heat mat and the stupidity of unplugging a hatchy rack with the power still on. The blown heat globe was being caused by a dodgy lamp holder that was causing the globe to blown. In every case it was some other component that caused the failure.

Sounds like that is a good shop that values its customers. Out of interest what sort of price is a B1 over in Australia as I know Habistats are a lot more expensive.

@Badsville care to name the store with such excellent service?

@Endeavour my B1ME cost about $170 delievered.

Out of interest what sort of price is a B1 over in Australia as I know Habistats are a lot more expensive.

When I was shopping around a few months back the MC stat that was similar to the dimming Habistat (found on the Herp Shop for $125) was going for $170-$190. Ouch !!!! Ironically, if you chose to source from OS then it was the Habistat model that would end up costing more (although still somewhat cheaper than local prices).

$170 Australian dollars is about £114.00, the best price I have been able to find a B1ME here is £46.00 delivered, that's a massive difference.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

$170 Australian dollars is about £114.00, the best price I have been able to find a B1ME here is £46.00 delivered, that's a massive difference.

Kindest regards

Endeavour
dont feel like shipping some over to the aps community if we ask really really nicely ;) :) pretty please with sugar on top

ive had numerous b1's die on me over the years. returned a few to the place of purchase and always told urs wouldn't fix it and tried to get me to just buy new ones. had various problems with them just shutting down or start flickering like a pulse proportional. my failed ones were all older units without the fuse in them from what i could work out.

habistat all the way for me. never had one give me trouble. i also believe they have a new thermostat being released which looks like a good unit.

ive had numerous b1's die on me over the years. returned a few to the place of purchase and always told urs wouldn't fix it and tried to get me to just buy new ones. had various problems with them just shutting down or start flickering like a pulse proportional. my failed ones were all older units without the fuse in them from what i could work out.

habistat all the way for me. never had one give me trouble. i also believe they have a new thermostat being released which looks like a good unit.

The new units from Habistat are soooooooooooo pretty. On a down side here in the UK they are only being offered with a 12 month guarantee, all other Habistat thermostats come with a 5 year guarantee, that to me would be a real consideration.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

by the time they get over here they should be tried and tested over there, just have to keep an eye on the UK forums.

i still can't find anywhere online, are they dimming, pulse? i believe the second output is just on/off for timed lighting, fans etc.

Sounds like that is a good shop that values its customers. I have used Microclimate's for many years and only ever had one go faulty. The customer service over here is excellent and I find there thermostats very good quality and value. Out of interest what sort of price is a B1 over in Australia as I know Habistats are a lot more expensive.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I paid AU$227 for the B1 from the store, expensive yes, this was twelve months ago, the price has dropped to about $190 now at that store. They were selling the B1 ME for AU$227 so gave me one of those.

- - - Updated - - -

@Badsville care to name the store with such excellent service?

@Endeavour my B1ME cost about $170 delievered.

It was Upmarket actually. I have a good rapport there with Sal and he always takes care of me no worries :)

I stopped purchasing there late last year as the recently new owners have jacked prices up across the board to pretty outrageous on a lot of stuff, but they are the closest and easiest to get to for where I am...

dont feel like shipping some over to the aps community if we ask really really nicely ;) :) pretty please with sugar on top
Thomasssss try eBay uk. I bought 3 b1me dimming stats landed last year for just on $200 aus. Get a sparky to change plugs and away you go. My sparky mate changed the output plug to aus type and made an extension lead that went from aus male to uk female

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back