FOUND south American parrot, south Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
If you, or anyone you know has lost a south american parrot, in south brisbane, please send me a PM with the species you have lost and the approximate area it was lost. I do not want to name the species incase someone tries to falsely claim it. If you know anyone else who keeps birds please pass the message on- I really want to get this guy back home, he is an uncommon species so someone has to be looking for him!!

You might want get him/her checked for a microchip (vets can run the scanner over the bird) as lots of owner now microchip expensive/exotic parrots.

No leg band?

No leg band. It is a tricky situation because someone else has taken it. I work at a vet clinic as well so will see if I can scan it.

What do you mean 'someone else has taken it' - I hope you mean one of the other vet staff who knows how to care for it!
I applaud you for trying everything you can to find his owner ('it' sounds so impersonal) putting it out on a reptile forum is odd but definately worth a try.
As the owner of two 'exotic' companion parrots I'd say both parrot and owner are a little distraught about now

I hope this has a happy ending
Just thought this was worthy of 'bumping' back into sight :)

Last edited:
I know it is a bit weird posting it here but I know there are quite a few members with exotic parrot species which may have other contacts etc.

A staff member has taken the bird (knows how to care for it) but I am trying to find its true owner...

I know it is a bit weird posting it here but I know there are quite a few members with exotic parrot species which may have other contacts etc.

A staff member has taken the bird (knows how to care for it) but I am trying to find its true owner...

I'd be contacting the rspca, local councils and putting up ads (or searching ads) like Gumtree, there is also this website for lost and found birds, might help. Parrot Society of Australia - LOST... you could also contact them to find out what is best to do for this parrot. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If its an Alexandrine, (maybe mistaken for an Amazon) there is one that was lost late December in Brisbane. Been listed on a few websites.

Last edited:
Nah, not an alex :) tis south american, no mistake ;) i have scoured everywhere looking for lost bird adds, put an add on gumtree, a member on here said they would contact the parrot society for me (they are a member). I was hoping to check for a microchip before I contact the rspca but I might just contact them anyway. Will also contact vet clinics esp. Bbev

No worries :D

But it is strange that there isnt anything online about a lost one, unless the owner is a person with no internet or something happened to them.

some people just don't look for birds as they believe that they will just fly away never to be seen again its a shame

- - - Updated - - -

some people just don't look for birds as they believe that they will just fly away never to be seen again its a shame

maybe give vampstro a pm, she goes on a exotic bird forum. Maybe she would post some info up for you??

A mate lost a blue and gold macaw south of Brissy a while back now. It hung around for quite a while with a group of Cockies and he was hopeful of re-capturing it.
Eventually it just disappeared and he never reported it as he assumed it would never be seen again.
I would be surprised if this was an isolated occurence.
Ads

ok, might give Vampstro a pm, thanks.

Ads, I think your mate is the one that contacted me in response to a gumtree ad... unfortunately it isn't a macaw, it is a type of conure

Mhm vampstro was spelt wrong I guess? Says the name doesnt exist?

I have send an ad to parrotalert.com :)

Mhm vampstro was spelt wrong I guess? Says the name doesnt exist?

I have send an ad to parrotalert.com :)

Its Vampstorso im pretty sure.
Check the exotic bird thread, she has posted in there so u should be able to find her name.

Mhm vampstro was spelt wrong I guess? Says the name doesnt exist
Another way to find the correct name is to click on 'community' near the top of the page, then click 'member list', filter by the letter 'v' and you will find her name.

Young blue throated conure.
ETA: Nevermind, that escaped in Melbourne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back