Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tile and heat cord I plan to put on the bottom and a basking light on the top shelf, I guess I could install a stair style access with a mid landing instead of a branch if that would be more appropriate

Page 100! (probably thanks to Yommys 20 odd pages of content) Awesome. Keep em comin. (*edit* Its page 100 on the tapatalk app, apparently its not on the aps site though)

Heres some phone pics of my clutch. Will get better ones with DSLR when they shed
du5arena.jpg
gypyqa7e.jpg
6umu8u2e.jpg
ru7aqy7y.jpg
ahyreqy4.jpg
7ynede8a.jpg
uraquqa6.jpg

Cheers, Aaron

Last edited:
Not sure if this will work from my phone but this is our brand new tanami boy, he is so awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358891318944.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358891318944.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 90
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358891525830.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358891525830.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 84
Pages must be labelled differently when using tapatalk. If its 133 then even better. I figured the pages were labelled the same, oh well.

It's been far too long since my last contribution to this thread :)

Some updated photos of some of my womas:

This girl was held back from my first clutch and I'm going to try to get some eggs from her this season. I really love her black dorsal, it's quite striking in person.

Her bold young suitor:

He's a clutch mate the the girl above, I'm also hoping to breed him back to his mother. I'd like to get some hatchies with the black dorsal striping he has but I guess we'll see. He's usually a bit lighter, he's starting to go blue here.

I've posted this before but this is their mother:

And some of my holdbacks from last years clutch:

So glad I kept her, she's a clutchmate to the female that thomassss posted earlier.

And then there's this boy, I held him back coz he was a bad feeder... lol

Yes that is a phone he's chewing on, and my finger... don't ask how that happened, I'm still not sure I understand how it happened. Womas, amiright!?

I couldn't spray him down with water like I usually would in this case because of the phone, I had to wait it out. When he finally let the phone go the cheeky little brat latched on to my thumb:

And he wasn't letting go for anything, not water, not the smell of spirits, I had to lure him off with a rat. The whole ordeal took the better part of an hour :/

Haha. Bad feeder lmao. Do you mean because he ate everything? Not just a rat.
Very nice snakes though! The female is gorgeous and her suitor is stunning too! And those hold backs... Well if you have too many, I'll gladly take one off your hands...
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what locale are they, not like most I've seen.
What about your SA one!!!??? I am in love with him or her and have been jealous ever since I saw him/her. It is you with the stunning SA woma isn't it?

Sorry should have mentioned, they are tanami locale.
I do have an SA, I think he's pretty nice.

I'll get some updated shots of him soon (I'm tired of being munched on for now lol)
He's one of Dens, I think no-two might be the one you're thinking of, if memory serves he's got an excellent example of this line. I think, not trying to step on anyone's toes.
here's an older shot of my boy:

He's huge now and he's such a nice pale grey but he's gone food crazy, he's so excited about food now that he's forgotten to hate me. I guess that's an improvement.

Thanks yommy :) I'm really excited about pairing them this year, I might be a grandma! Hopefully I get some hatchies like them, although they look nothing like their parents so anything could happen.

Ahh there he is. Haha I was referring to yours actually but No-two has some incredible specimens. Best of luck with the tanamis! They'll chuck some stunners. You should find a lady for your SA woma. Tehe!

i have never been crazy about tanamis, but those dark ones, like tommy said are something else. Not your average run of the mill tanamis! Very nice!

well sara , first time seeing that hold back from the same clutch as my girl , i now know why you kept her shes a stunner thats for sure , although the whole clutch where great imo , the top two in that post look like they will make a great pairing , thats what my girl looks more like in person now i just cant get good pics ill see how i go in the sun tomorrow ;)

Something about this female does it for me, picture dont do her justice.
I cant wait for this coming season to place her with her RP/Spotted brother.
I hoping the magic happens with that pairing :)

I also notice we surpassed the Anterasia Freaks thread.
Keep up the good work :)

Attachments

• 24 Jan 13 003.jpg
    24 Jan 13 003.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
She's gorgeous yommy! That'll be a stunner pair. Definitely throw some stunners. And you deserve em too. The love for your womas amazes me.

Cheers BP. i am a little woma obessed :)

I have kept alot of other species before deciding on this species and i do have darwins and RSP. But womas are a larger portion of the collection.

Alot of people say get a antaresia as they make great starter snakes. I dont think you can beat a woma for a 1st snake.
But on saying that too, RSP are docile pussy cats and are awesome. Some much choice :)

Yeah I don't see rsp's being mentioned much for a starter snake. Apart from the off putting teeth they make a darn good first snake.
must admit I do sometimes get sick of people say any of the ants. Size is not the only factor. Honestly I'd rather pick up a wild woma than a wild mac.
womas are a hard python to beat although my MD is a sweety

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh almost 2000 replies!!!

Happy Australia day peeps!!!!

Bananapeel I think the RSP aren't appreciated for what a special animals they are. And you do get variation with them too.

I know its a woma thread so here's my red boodarie girl with my 2 RSP girls to show the colour variation you can get

:) :) :)

Attachments

• 26 Jan 13 002.jpg
    26 Jan 13 002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 26 Jan 13 008.jpg
    26 Jan 13 008.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 26 Jan 13 003.jpg
    26 Jan 13 003.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 105
+1 HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY GUYS!
i agree they're quite an underrated snake.
gorgeous red girl yommy.
But wow! That dark girl is gorgeous and the paler one is stunning!
Haven't seen one that dark before! Amazing contrast. Do you have a male for the 2 girls?

Happy aussie day too guys love the roughies Brett and of course the red girl. I noticed the show us ya roughies thread is closed might be time to start a new one :-D have handled mine a few times now and while the teeth were daunting as guessed they are big puppy's sooo placid you've definately picked some good species to keep.. I can't get over the variation either I never thought there could be so much do you think it comes down to age or anything like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back