New jungle for my son

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baturb

Reaction score
Just today picked up a 1 yr old jungle for my son, he loves it, very active when we picked it up, got it home put some finishing touches on the enclosure, just got to get a couple of fake vines and fern to finish it off, got a couple of photos and then into the enclosure into its hide, it pokes its head out now and again to see what's going on, going to leave it for a few days to settle in before handling, has been feeding great and shed last week, great looking snake
(sorry for bad iPad pic)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 244
Thanks, not sure of the sex, it wasn't probed and we are not going to breed it in the foreseeable future so don't need to get it probed, so rather than call 'it' lets just call it 'him', once he is settled in I will post up some better pics

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought I would put a pic of the new enclosure as it is so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 155
Thanks, yes I got the old tv cabinet for nothing and built it up from there

Wow that is awesome, wish i could do something like that. Is there a heat mat under that tank or is the only heat source the bulb

At the moment the lamp is the only heat, I am still experimenting and trying to get the temp perfect with a tile over heat cord, with the warm weather (29+ day temps and 20-23 nights) I'm not worried he will get cold, similar with my MD

Thanks, not sure of the sex, it wasn't probed and we are not going to breed it in the foreseeable future so don't need to get it probed, so rather than call 'it' lets just call it 'him', once he is settled in I will post up some better pics

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought I would put a pic of the new enclosure as it is so far
Spoilt i recon...not yur son the SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Awesome Baturb! He is such a cutie, amazing colours as well :D I agree with Ozmid, you spoil your snakes :p So your son went for the jungle instead of the bredli? Great decision either way :D What's his name???

Yeh in the end my son decided for the jungle as the enclosure is 2 levels and the woma don't really like to climb, also he liked the brighter colour of the jungle as to the Bredli, my son has named him 'London', as for spoiling our snakes, I believe a valued member of the family and a living creature should be afforded the best living conditions you can provide for them, just because they are 'snakes' they don't deserve to live in a box covered with a piece of iron, after all they will be with us for a long time

Last edited:
What wood did you use and is that glass or Perspex? Im just curious as im
in the process of beggining to turn a trophy cabnet into an enclosure.

The whole thing is pine, the shelf is chipboard that is covered with a pine look veneer, the vertical divider is an off cut of mdf, I have used 5mm glass, the handles are just a stick on item from the Internet auction site for $3, the glass tracks were from bunnings as well as the vents, good luck with your build, with a blank cabinet let your imagination run free

I sure will let my imaginatoin go crazy! Cheers for the info'. Again, great job.

Great tank mate, wish I was that talented to make something like that.
Have you and your son thought of a name for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back