Extreme yellow jungles ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Variety

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive noticed that America has some very extreme yellow jungle lines. I've learnt my lesson to compare our hobby to theirs but it got me wondering,
Do we have any very yellow jungles here or are we a bit behind the OS markets here aswell ?

Please do not turn this into a discussion of us vs them or how we are totally different, im just curious

cheers

Their extreme yellows are the same to our black and gold jungle. They have over 30 years of breeding behind them so for someone to have maintained a good line of nice yellows is kind of rare. They do have the nice bloodlines tqht we deal with here.

Ive been taking a keen interest in b & y jungles lately and we have some stunning lines here too id say. Just a matter of pm'ing people and hunting down the breeders.

JD

They are here in Oz but getting on the waiting list is key and knowing the right breeders :D

Have a look at paramount pythons in QLD, he has the most amazing jungles coming out. Everything i have from him just glows.

We certainly have very yellow jungles, and there are lots of people there with them. Just takes abit of searching

Should start with pm'ing Colin, over the years of lurking I've seen some absolutely cracker high yellows come from him and few other various lines aswell.

Thanks guys ill be sure to check them out, i understand that it takes ages to line breed such amazing traits and thats why we are behind but i had never really seen anything eye catching in Aus.
High priced B&Y jungles to me seem like a more dramatic gold then anything but some of the OS specimens are really unbelievable.

colin has stunning jungles.. but its a waiting list for next year now.. worth it though id say..

this is my boy Snappy. he is a black and gold jungle. the yellow on him is so bright.

taken while i was cleaning his enclosure today. not the best pics but there not to bad, he does looks better in real life.

reps 33 027.jpgreps 33 028.jpgreps 33 029.jpgreps 33 030.jpg

so to answer your question we do have very yellow jungles on the market you just have to look very hard.

Last edited:
this is my boy Snappy. he is a black and gold jungle. the yellow on him is so bright.

taken while i was cleaning his enclosure today. not the best pics but there not to bad, he does looks better in real life.

View attachment 279431View attachment 279432View attachment 279433View attachment 279435

so to answer your question we do have very yellow jungles on the market you just have to look very hard.

Where you get this one ? Seems to be hard to get one as everyone wants one and their snapped up or order on a list.

If you check out the jungle thread there's quite a few high yellow jungles.

What defines an 'extreme' yellow jungle? I don't think you can get much more yellow than my girl that I purchased from Ships (A member here), I think she's amazing!

i bought this one off a guy in penrith, he had bought it off a breeder but then decided to focus on other reptiles. i have seen a few pop up for sale and i will be getting another wen i find the right one.

As is the case most of the time pictures don't do colours justice especially bright colours like your yellows that are much more vibrant in the flesh

What defines an 'extreme' yellow jungle? I don't think you can get much more yellow than my girl that I purchased from Ships (A member here), I think she's amazing!

I would class this as an extreme yellow, next to what others may consider a B&Y jungle;

29385_420106778044445_103610517_n.jpg

& Before any die hards get a word in, Yes i do realise this is a jag which reduces dark pigmentation giving these animals a very light overall appearance. My question still stands the same;
Do we have anything near this intense yellow in our jungles ? Whether it be jungle jags or anything ?

Last edited:
Yep. They are out there. I have a jag similar in colour to that one. And while my jungles arnt quite as good, they come very close. There are some amazing reduced pattern high yellow jungles popping up

yes i have seen jungle jags like that for sale in the past but they are harder to come by then B&G jungles.

at Variety, for one thing to get a pure jungle carpet python in the US is very hard. From what I understand, most of their high yellow lines are crossed with diamonds or Jags. This I'm saying after reading as much as possible about the lines that are available there. I once got in touch with David Barker and he had the same thing to say too.

my b&g jungle has yellow on her and only gets brighter im pretty sure its not jag related

jungle.jpgjungle1.jpgjungle2.jpg

at Variety, for one thing to get a pure jungle carpet python in the US is very hard. From what I understand, most of their high yellow lines are crossed with diamonds or Jags. This I'm saying after reading as much as possible about the lines that are available there. I once got in touch with David Barker and he had the same thing to say too.

So the yellow they're producing is from a direct cross to a diamond then more line breeding once the color is achieved back to jungles ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back